Home

MLB 12 The Show Videos - Zone Analog Batting and Pulse Pitching

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Videos - Zone Analog Batting and Pulse Pitching within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: PSBlog.com - Zone Analog Batting and Pulse Pitching in MLB 12 The Show

I love going frame by frame looking at the stadiums and their realism. I saw the blue walls at Citi Field and I saw Daniel Murphy wearing the Mets blue uniform! I do think it is spring training because the Nationals were wearing their Spring Training uniforms.

I might try out Pulse Pitching because it is a new mode, but I think I'll end up sticking with Analog Pitching because I was very successful last year with it.

As for Zone Analog Batting, I might try it in one exhibition game because this does look extremely difficult. I could barley push the stick up and left/right last year based on the pitches location. So I don't even know if I'll make contact with Zone Analog Batting.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #18
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Im loving the new default hitting view, gives a far wider and broader view of the park than before.

Im a meter guy but will give Pulse Pitching a go, as for Zone Analog, not for me, strictly Timing only.

Two excellent videos.
I agree... Best sliders in the biz, you & TNK came up with.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #19
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Damn.
I.
want.
NOW.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I wish they showed more behind the pitcher video time of pulse pitching. We barely get a glimpse just before the one minute mark. It definitely looks a lot better than the batter view which is distracting.

One question for the CD guys, will the ball always end up inside the circle of the pulse or is there any chance it will leave that area? Are there any specific sliders for the new pitching mechanic (size and speed of the pulse)?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

Man if you take a look at Matt Cain's curveball at around :22 you will see how the ball spins and breaks! Amazing job with ball physics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #22
Rookie

WahooFan's Arena

OVR: 0

The spin on the ball coming out of the pitcher's hand is crazy! Going to be tough hitting this year (considering my skill level/lack of patience)!

On a personal note, LOVE the improvements to Jacobs (Progressive) Field- Batter's Eye bar area is now represented, along with the Heritage Park banner, what looks to be updated scoreboard and out-of-town scoreboard along with a generic "Go Tribe" crawl on the main scoreboard and other ribbon boards (seen in the Bautista trailer)... SO looking forward to playing as my Tribe this year in The Show! Thanks, SCEA!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't know if it's a big deal to anyone else, but I noticed in some parts of both videos that catchers have gloves on their catching hand. I don't think they've ever done that in The Show before.

Anyway, both videos looked awesome and can't wait to get this game!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #24
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I was thinking to myself that it's kind of ironic that all this time I've dreamed of Zone Analog Batting and now feel like it will be too much, as I never got comfortable with the Timing Only Analog option last year...lol. I'm thinking of changing my position on the demo (I was originally going to skip) in order to get some practice in with it. I've wanted the option for so long and it looks too good to not at least give it good try.

As for Pulse Pitching, I'm a pretty huge analog fan, but I'm greatly intrigued by this option.

Shaping up to be yet another great year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »