Home

MLB 2K12 Not Phoning It In, But Will We See MLB 2K13?

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Not Phoning It In, But Will We See MLB 2K13? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
I will definitely buy it, and I imagine a lot of people will also with this bundle thing. It is the last edition though. When you bundle a game you basically are admitting it can not stand alone and be profitable or that it would be more profitable if attached to some other game. I could be wrong, but that is just how I see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #26
Rookie

By the way, we live in a world where things always get blown out of proportion rather positive or negative and even more with the negative. Saying that, I would not doubt that people will be saying how improved the last edition of MLB 2K was 5 years from now rather it is or is not. Live, watch, and learn.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 2K12 Not Phoning It In, But Will We See MLB 2K13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
I will definitely buy it, and I imagine a lot of people will also with this bundle thing. It is the last edition though. When you bundle a game you basically are admitting it can not stand alone and be profitable or that it would be more profitable if attached to some other game. I could be wrong, but that is just how I see it.
Yeah I'm with you on that...When I seen you can buy MLB2k12 new along with NBA 2k12 for like $70 dollars I said (It's over for Mlb2k12) They are just hoping a lot of people buy it for Nba I mean really it's $59 for Nba and $10 for Mlb...Oh well I'm sure someone else will come alone in a few years and give Xbox fans a baseball game.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
well im not sure from what we seen so far 2k12 hasn't improved a lot from 2k11
and the information thats coming out is the same thing over and over
and with all these new games coming out like UFC 3 just did i think people might get something else
Old 02-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #29
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
For button hitting, the check swing works PERFECTLY FINE. Push the swing button as the pitcher is winding up and then -- very important here -- push it quickly again BEFORE he releases the ball. The 2K devs DID NOT mess it up like everyone says, they simply designed 2K11 for the psychically adroit.
Check swings are completely bugged in 2K11.

They always result in a strike, how can you say 2K did not mess this up?

Have you ever succesfully checked your swing and been rewared a ball? Even once?

Sure... check swings are possible... you are able to do it. Thats not the problem. The problem lies with the Umpire being bugged... in 2K11 Umpires always call a "strike" even when you succeed in holding up on a pitch outside the zone.

This effectively means check swings are bugged and therefore useless.

Go ahead, try checking your swing. See if you EVER get a ball. And then post the video of yourself doing it on Youtube and I will give you $100 through PayPal.

They NEED to fix check swings for 2K12. If check swings dont work in the demo Im not wasting $60 on this game.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #30
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Check swings are completely bugged in 2K11.

They always result in a strike, how can you say 2K did not mess this up?

Have you ever succesfully checked your swing and been rewared a ball? Even once?

Sure... check swings are possible... you are able to do it. Thats not the problem. The problem lies with the Umpire being bugged... in 2K11 Umpires always call a "strike" even when you succeed in holding up on a pitch outside the zone.

This effectively means check swings are bugged and therefore useless.

Go ahead, try checking your swing. See if you EVER get a ball. And then post the video of yourself doing it on Youtube and I will give you $100 through PayPal.

They NEED to fix check swings for 2K12. If check swings dont work in the demo Im not wasting $60 on this game.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
If check swings dont work in the demo Im not wasting $60 on this game.
If check swings don't "work" for you this year, it's because YOU didn't spend the year strengthening your psychic prowess. Don't blame the 2K devs just because you're spiritually lazy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #32
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Honestly, regardless of their improvements I would never spend $60 on this game. You compare the show to the MLB2K in terms of cost-benefit and clearly the show has more content. That's why I think it's perfectly acceptable to spend half price ($29.99) to get MLB 2K on PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »