Home

2K Sports Announces NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Rookie

mreyes930's Arena

OVR: 18
2K Sports Announces NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition

2K Sports today announced that the NBA® 2K12: Game of the Year Edition will be available on March 11, 2012 for $49.99 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

For a limited time, the package will be available exclusively at Best Buy stores nationwide. It includes a full retail version of NBA 2K12, the previously released Legends Showcase add-on content and a commemorative poster featuring Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

“We’re always committed to giving our fans great value,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This is a great opportunity to not only get your hands on NBA 2K12, but the terrific Legends Showcase content as well. Gamers and basketball fans alike will love this package.”

NBA 2K12 is the latest installment of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation franchise* and winner of 26 Sports Game of the Year awards.

Legends Showcase enhances NBA 2K12 by allowing gamers to select from more than 300 of the NBA’s all-time greatest players, including Jordan, Bird, Johnson and Dr. J, and compete in authentic pick-up games from 1-on-1 up to 5-on-5. Legends Showcase also features mini-games, such as 21 and H-O-R-S-E, along with other new features like the 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge and 3-on-3 Era Challenge.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition is rated E for everyone by the ESRB and will be available on March 11, 2012.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / iOS

PSN: kingmike9
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2k12 Game of the Year Edition

So this is the news the Ronnie mentioned in his twitter? meh...
Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

wow.........
Old 02-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

My respect for the company just went down a couple notches.

This is...terrible. It really is.

At least wait until the playoffs or the Finals before you do something like this. Man. I'm so dissapointed.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

OVR: 11
So to show thanks, they offer us the game most everyone already has and throw in the DLC that should have been with the game in the first place, but oh wait you get a poster too! Pathetic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

Anyone else find this a kick in the balls to the people who supported this game for $60 on release day?

I understand it's an incentive to get new people to buy the game but I would like the showcase DLC for free too like these people will get?
Old 02-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Severus21's Arena

OVR: 9

You'd get a free a poster, what's not to like!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
Anyone else find this a kick in the balls to the people who supported this game for $60 on release day?

I understand it's an incentive to get new people to buy the game but I would like the showcase DLC for free too like these people will get?
Yes. Alot of games have pissed me off doing this (Arkham City, BF3-I hear they are selling that for 30 or 40 bucks now for a limited time). People who are showing up early to the party have been getting screwed with these new price points with no real benefit of buying these games on release day.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »