Home

2K Sports Announces NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #17
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition

I'd be lying if I said this didn't bother me a little bit. There were a lot of issues with gameplay this year that were not necessarily there in 2K11. I get their job is to sell their product, but why make us pay ten dollars to download the DLC if they are giving it out for free shortly later.

It's been much more flash than substance from 2K this year in my opinion, and being barely able to afford it all, I feel slighted. Not to mention all the hours I had to put in to make a more playable roster/association mode.

Just feels wrong. Get why the do it, doesn't make it any more right
Old 02-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #18
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6
If they were smart they would release a version right now with Jeremy Lin on the cover.

Linsanity baby!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
“We’re always committed to giving our fans great value,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This is a great opportunity to not only get your hands on NBA 2K12, but the terrific Legends Showcase content as well. Gamers and basketball fans alike will love this package.”

No way EA could get away this.

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 4

And we are all waiting for our 1st PC patch.

Is the poster signed by all 3 legends?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #21
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

The only problem I have with this is the same problem that several of you seem to have with it, and it's a problem that spankdat seems to have a hard time understanding.

I'm (we're) not mad that the price is dropping. That's to be expected after the game has been out for this long. But why do people get to purchase the game for $10 cheaper than me, AND get a feature that I would have had to have paid $10 for? People who buy this "special" edition, will get the game AND the added on features for $10 less than I got the game alone for. You have to reward your loyal customers who bought it on release day (or any time prior to this second release).

If they decide to make the DLC free to everyone, then I'm all for this, but to give late buyers the game and a bonus for $20 less than we had to pay? Well, 2K shouldn't be surprised if they lose some of their loyal customers...

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 48
We have been bamboozeled !!!!!! nice one 2k. lmao.
I guess this means we arent getting anymore patches for this years game!....lmao
2K just pulled an EA. lol

cheers
Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
You have to reward your loyal customers who bought it on release day (or any time prior to this second release).

If they decide to make the DLC free to everyone, then I'm all for this, but to give late buyers the game and a bonus for $20 less than we had to pay? Well, 2K shouldn't be surprised if they lose some of their loyal customers...
Part of the reason I don't post much is because I think I'm out of step with the overall consensus on the forum. Case in point that 2K should "reward loyal customers" feeling. People that purchased the PS3 when it was released at $599 weren't entitled to some reward when Sony lowered the price. When Nintendo dropped the price of the 3Ds shortly after it's release I don't think most felt entitled to something for their support. I brought a tv that sold for $400 less three months after I purchased it. It sucks, and if a company decided to give me something for purchasing their product earlier rather than later I'd accept it. But I wouldn't expect it or feel entitled to it.

Imo most people purchased this game because they wanted to play it, not because they're "loyal customers". If that were the case perhaps APF or Backbreaker would still be around. If the product was horrible at release I doubt most people would be purchasing it out of the goodness of their hearts as a sign of loyalty.

And just a thought... what about people that purchased the game on day one, and purchased the DLC on day one? Are they entitled to a super-duper freebie? Perhaps 2K should mail them a $10-$20 gift certificate? That is since you're saying those that purchase the game before this special edition comes out should be "rewarded".

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 02-16-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #24
Banned

houstonsdream's Arena

slap in the fact to the community. 2k your fans are here and the DLC should have been free. Dont turn into activision and start doing DLC for every game you make to rake in xtra $. 2k shouldnt turn into a product you are pimping like the COD series is

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »