Home

2K Sports Announces NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2012, 01:09 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition

This is so messed up... They treat us loyal fans like this? Why the hell do they want us to be annoyed further? 2k logic is really flawed in so many levels I can't even comprehend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #26
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm fine with the price drop, as it's something 2K routinely does with it's sports titles after several months (they are better than EA at this), but what bothers me is that I was forced to buy the DLC so I could edit Classic Rosters and now that DLC is being given away free.

It's not the end of the world, obviously, but 2K would've been better served to have just given us the ability to edit Classic teams from the jump, and they should've just given us the DLC from the jump as well.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #27
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930

2K Sports today announced that the NBA® 2K12: Game of the Year Edition will be available on March 11, 2012 for $49.99 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

For a limited time, the package will be available exclusively at Best Buy stores nationwide. It includes a full retail version of NBA 2K12, the previously released Legends Showcase add-on content and a commemorative poster featuring Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

“We’re always committed to giving our fans great value,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This is a great opportunity to not only get your hands on NBA 2K12, but the terrific Legends Showcase content as well. Gamers and basketball fans alike will love this package.”

NBA 2K12 is the latest installment of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation franchise* and winner of 26 Sports Game of the Year awards.

Legends Showcase enhances NBA 2K12 by allowing gamers to select from more than 300 of the NBA’s all-time greatest players, including Jordan, Bird, Johnson and Dr. J, and compete in authentic pick-up games from 1-on-1 up to 5-on-5. Legends Showcase also features mini-games, such as 21 and H-O-R-S-E, along with other new features like the 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge and 3-on-3 Era Challenge.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K12: Game of the Year Edition is rated E for everyone by the ESRB and will be available on March 11, 2012.
^^^^^^^^^^
Old 02-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #28
Pro

jimkel's Arena

OVR: 7

I went out of my way to get PSN card so I could get the downloadable content and all you do is release it free a few weeks later...real class.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1
Still no crew
Old 02-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #30
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Part of the reason I don't post much is because I think I'm out of step with the overall consensus on the forum. Case in point that 2K should "reward loyal customers" feeling. People that purchased the PS3 when it was released at $599 weren't entitled to some reward when Sony lowered the price. When Nintendo dropped the price of the 3Ds shortly after it's release I don't think most felt entitled to something for their support. I brought a tv that sold for $400 less three months after I purchased it. It sucks, and if a company decided to give me something for purchasing their product earlier rather than later I'd accept it. But I wouldn't expect it or feel entitled to it.

Imo most people purchased this game because they wanted to play it, not because they're "loyal customers". If that were the case perhaps APF or Backbreaker would still be around. If the product was horrible at release I doubt most people would be purchasing it out of the goodness of their hearts as a sign of loyalty.

And just a thought... what about people that purchased the game on day one, and purchased the DLC on day one? Are they entitled to a super-duper freebie? Perhaps 2K should mail them a $10-$20 gift certificate? That is since you're saying those that purchase the game before this special edition comes out should be "rewarded".
I'm not saying we SHOULD be given anything.

and again, I couldn't care less about the price drop - that happens every year with any product (game, DVDs, TVs, PS3/XBOX, shoes, etc.). I'm saying, if you're 2K, sell the game for $49. That's a fine discount. But, these people buying the game late are getting the DLC for free, when all of us who bought the game months ago, will (presumably) still have to pay for it.

I don't think they should reward us a damn bit, but they are, essentially, rewarding the late buyers by giving away something that everyone else still has to pay for.

Realistically, they could have included the DLC for free with the original game, that way everyone who has already bought it would have gotten it for free, and still paid $60. Then, when they "re-release" it, charge the buyers $50, but make them pay an extra $10 for the DLC...2K seems to have gotten it backwards.

What it boils down to for me is this - someone is paying less than I paid, but getting more than I got.

To expand on your TV example - say you paid $400 more for the TV than someone else paid for it, when he got it 3 months later, but the company also added a new feature to the TV; a feature that he got for free, but you have to pay to get it. How is that even remotely fair?
Again, if 2K comes out and says "ok, DLC will be free for everyone once this "Special Edition" game is released", then I promise you, you'll hear no complaints from me.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4

Last edited by st0rmb11; 02-16-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2
If this version allowed manual selection of passes like 2k7 id buy it. Of course its not so its still a pass
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

this has to be an all time low. How about FIXING or addressing the issues with the current game rather than pimping out the same game + a poster? Sorry thats just tacky.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »