Home

NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Included within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Included

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports has added J.R. Smith in the latest NBA 2K12 roster update. They rated him with a 76 overall, just 1 point above Jeremy Lin.

It doesn't look like any other players were touched, but you can check out the video, to be sure.
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
oh wow! Thats it
Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall

Thats funny, Im reading on the back of the box, "more dynamic updates than ever before, from shoes to player models, to court floors-ensuring that 2k12 looks just like the real NBA" and Ive yet to see anything like that...

false advertising?
Old 02-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
Thats funny, Im reading on the back of the box, "more dynamic updates than ever before, from shoes to player models, to court floors-ensuring that 2k12 looks just like the real NBA" and Ive yet to see anything like that...

false advertising?
Def false advertising, there promises r similar to maddens promIses although 2k did a faaaar better job
Old 02-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

false advertising?
pfft we won't see anything dynamic till the playoffs...you know less teams to update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:

false advertising?
"I'll believe it when I see it!" was my first thought when I read that...
Old 02-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

false advertising?
You see what you want to see.

I think 2K has done a great job of providing roster updates along the way, ensuring that most players in the game play like their real life counterparts. Sure there are little art modifications here and there that need to be done, but the big picture of the post-release support is pretty good. It's as good as I ever remember it being in the 2K series, and I've been playing since 2K3.

On topic - JR Smith in the game, and he brings some JR Smith cheese along with his arrival. This guy can light it up in this game. He has the perfect blend of Swiss and Cheddar, the Swiss being he can get to the rim and finish with a nasty dunk, the Cheddar being he can spot up and hit the 3. It's a perfect blend of 2 fine cheeses.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
You see what you want to see.

I think 2K has done a great job of providing roster updates along the way, ensuring that most players in the game play like their real life counterparts. Sure there are little art modifications here and there that need to be done, but the big picture of the post-release support is pretty good. It's as good as I ever remember it being in the 2K series, and I've been playing since 2K3.
How can you say that when there are still several players missing after months of waiting? Or even when they take 1 or 2 weeks to release an update that changes just 3 or 4 players?

And speaking about the player ratings, they are probably the worst from the entire franchise history, specially mid range and 3pt ratings. It's not hard to find guys with 30% in 3pt being elite shooters in 2k12, or guys with 10 mid range shots made all year being better than other player with 150.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »