Home

NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Included within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
"I'll believe it when I see it!" was my first thought when I read that...
This is the 3rd update in how many days, when 2k made that box I am sure they did not expect the lockout to end in late December when they needed to begin to focus on 2k13
Old 02-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
How can you say that when there are still several players missing after months of waiting? Or even when they take 1 or 2 weeks to release an update that changes just 3 or 4 players?

And speaking about the player ratings, they are probably the worst from the entire franchise history, specially mid range and 3pt ratings. It's not hard to find guys with 30% in 3pt being elite shooters in 2k12, or guys with 10 mid range shots made all year being better than other player with 150.
Who are these missing players? They are probably guys that , let's be honest, are not in "high demand" to be updated. If Kobe Bryant was missing from the game, you'd have a point. But like I said, there are some things they can improve, it's definitely NOT perfect, but overall I've been pleased with their effort. I'm happy the latest rosters look as good as they do and everyone in the game plays like their real life selves.

I have no problem with mid range and 3 point ratings either. Maybe I'm easy to please but so far my experience has been a good one with the ratings. I haven't seen any "exploitable" ratings or anything, and like I said most players play like they do in real life. So overall I'm happy with it.

I think some people probably expect too much with these kinds of things. Just be happy we get a pretty nice set of rosters from 2K to work with. And if you still aren't happy with them, well that's what 2Kshare is for. Go download a set of rosters that you are happy with, and everybody wins.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
pfft we won't see anything dynamic till the playoffs...you know less teams to update

lol, I just dont get it, the random people on this site, make better roster updates than 2k does. And they have a job, a family among other things and still pull it off...the people at 2k...this IS their job and they cant even do half of what the people on this site do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #12
Rookie

cbjr's Arena

OVR: 5

The fact of the matter is, once they get our money they can and will do whatever they want to do for us
Old 02-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
lol, I just dont get it, the random people on this site, make better roster updates than 2k does. And they have a job, a family among other things and still pull it off...the people at 2k...this IS their job and they cant even do half of what the people on this site do.
So download the roster that you like and keep it moving. Why complain about 2K when, in your opinion, there are better options out there? Doesn't make much sense.

2K gives you a solid roster from their own company, AND they give you the option to download a roster from someone else if that's what you want to do. What more do you want? All bases are covered.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
Rookie

i just want to know when they're going to update the roster for the allstar teams. they have the ones from last year on there
Old 02-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
So download the roster that you like and keep it moving. Why complain about 2K when, in your opinion, there are better options out there? Doesn't make much sense.

2K gives you a solid roster from their own company, AND they give you the option to download a roster from someone else if that's what you want to do. What more do you want? All bases are covered.

thats what I do. But I feel like they have the 2k share option because they know people will do their job for them. I still would rather have the official roster from the game itself but it just is terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
thats what I do. But I feel like they have the 2k share option because they know people will do their job for them. I still would rather have the official roster from the game itself but it just is terrible.
No, they give you 2Kshare in order to give you options. They know that certain people (like you) will never be satisfied with their official rosters, so why not let you download someone else's roster if you aren't happy with 2K's. It has nothing to do with having others do their jobs for them. Hardly. Like I've said I'm very happy with 2K's effort with the rosters. So to me, they have done their jobs (and then some).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »