Home

SSX Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on SSX Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3, Post Your Impressions Here within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
SSX Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3, Post Your Impressions Here

The SSX demo is available now for 360 and later today for the PS3. Please post your impressions here.

You can queue up the SSX demo, right here. It weighs in at 1.24 GB.

Defy reality and own the planet by jumping into the boots of the classic SSX character Zoe Payne to complete a tutorial run in the Rockies, then experience reality-defying gameplay through Race it, and Trick it events. In this online enabled demo, compete against your friends on your own schedule by uploading ghosts of your best runs to the SSX servers in Explore mode. Feeling lonely on the mountain? Don’t forget to send the demo invite to a friend to unlock SSX trickster Mac Fraser! SSX is in stores February 28th, 2012.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
SSX not even has a instant replay mode. That's pretty lame for a racing game with trick style contests. My pre-order has just been canceled.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: SSX Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3, Post Your Impressions Here

Game is everything I remember SSX3(Gamecube Version)to be.

The series is now on next gen and minus the failures of past attempts:

SSX on Tour
SSX Blur

The demo gives the feeling and spirit back of SSX3 and does it so in ways that adds to the SSX3 Classic by making this game its most worthy predecessor.

Graphics - Arguably Perfect
Gameplay - EXTREMELY intuitive and responsive

The best thing about the game is the fact is that its a throwback to SSX3 with MAJOR upgrades thanks to what modern tech can pull off.

I don't feel they could have done any better

Every race every trick feels and looks different.

This is the opitimity of organic FUN (tried to get that right HA!)

Theyv'e added a few things new and those things blend seemly in the world I remember in SSX3.

I miss the lodges I miss Royksopps' Poor Leno, but I'm not gonna miss out on SSX for 360/PS3....

It's just beyond a reboot, it's a remaking of a classic I thought wouldn't be made...

EASport's, Connor and Company!

You guys pulled it off
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25
I just finished playing the tutorial and I have to say this might be a game I get after the Show is released. The tricks are nice to pull off using the L and R sticks. The race down the 1st mountain was FUN! I'm really not a racing or extreme sports type of gamer but I think this game can appeal to many different types of gamers. I probably will rent first before I buy it tho.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: SSX Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

I miss Royksopps' Poor Leno...

Last edited by bigball12; 02-21-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12

Bro,

Much Luv

"poor leno where did he go ohh"

where it is I find you"
Old 02-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

I really must consolidate my complete enthusiasm and positive feelings regarding this game, or I would need my own section

Put simply, this is easily a top contender for game of the year, and is an absolute pleasure to play. Talk about being in love with a video game!

DO YOURSELF AN ENORMOUS FAVOR, AND BUY THIS GAME!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
I really must consolidate my complete enthusiasm and positive feelings regarding this game, or I would need my own section

Put simply, this is easily a top contender for game of the year, and is an absolute pleasure to play. Talk about being in love with a video game!

DO YOURSELF AN ENORMOUS FAVOR, AND BUY THIS GAME!
Better words could not have been said.

The bar has been raised for video games in general. Not only is the franchise of SSX gloriously back it's back in a way that is uncomprimising of control or fun factor.

Here at OperationSports we talk Sim we talk realism and yet when a game based on a sport that can only be made in this way where realism and sim need to have that fun factor it makes you wonder why this hasnt been attempted in other sports games.

Haven't played a better pick up and play game in ages

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »