Home

Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #17
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Pass interference.
wait, pass interference is in the game. What about intentional grounding. Giants got 2 points in the biggest game of the year of that penalty. And late hits? There aren't penalties in madden. Com'on man.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #18
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Sounds good.

What they need to focus on is the passing game. You can't throw to a WR before he makes his cut because the cb will either pick it off or your QB throws it some place crazy. It's hard to drop a pass in over a defender because they jump up an pick it off all the time, especially LBs.....

Sent from Jesus EVO
ahmen brother. The entire game is broken, but EA will focus on defense and make offense even worse.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Sounds good.

What they need to focus on is the passing game. You can't throw to a WR before he makes his cut because the cb will either pick it off or your QB throws it some place crazy. It's hard to drop a pass in over a defender because they jump up an pick it off all the time, especially LBs.....

Sent from Jesus EVO
I agree, if they are going to focus on one aspect, the passing game as a whole is it, offensively and defensively. Not being able to throw before the receiver makes his break is a game killer for me. Several people said that it was possible in 2011 but based on the demo it was the same as it's ever been. If they could rip one thing out of 2k5/2k8 and put into madden it would be the passing game, from the way the pocket formed to the 3,5,7 step drops, the way the ball was released (it looked like it actually left the quarterback's hand), the way the receiver made their breaks, ball trajectory, scambling, proper mechanics, it was great.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See?

If he means exciting, then we need a different camera view, specifically the one in NCAA. We need LB's to not be super-human, CB's to not mirror routes before WR even performs it, pass interference, defensive holding, and defenseless WR all to be called and realistic.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #21
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
I LOVE playing defense and hope they revamp it in a marvelous manner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #22
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

I still don't understand why they have to focus on anything, resources I guess. I don't like when they focus on something in 2005 and then again in 2012. Just makes an imbalanced game. Still glad to hear it's defense. Hope they get creative with it.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #23
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
I want to see the things that we have all been talking about for the past 6 years...you know, the basics of football. Im not going to name them all out again because its been done countless times in the past. Im not falling for the hype train this year until I see some solid proof that SOMETHING is going to be fixed.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 21

Balanced approach please. Do away with the themed upgrades

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »