Home

Some More MLB 2K12 Features

This is a discussion on Some More MLB 2K12 Features within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Some More MLB 2K12 Features

MLB Today Season Mode – For the first time ever, play along with the real-life MLB® season AS IT UNFOLDS. Take charge of your favorite team and see how you stack up against the rest of the league over the course of a six month-long season.

Dynamic Tendency System – Just as in real-life, opposing pitchers and hitters will learn your tendencies from one at-bat to the next, challenging you to mix up your approach on both sides of the plate as each game unfolds.

Improved My Player Mode – Want to be the next All-Star slugger or ace starter? All-new player types let you decide your path to the Majors™. Goals, expectations, ratings and progression are all customized by position and player type.

New Hit Distribution System - More varied and realistic hits, from line drives in the gap to slow tappers down the line. Based on the physics of the game, including pitch location & speed and swing timing & accuracy.

New Throw Meter – A revamped throwing system presents a classic risk vs. reward situation every time you make a play. Will you queue up throws before fielding the ball to save time, or take a moment to set your feet for better accuracy?

Soundtrack - Tracks handpicked by SPIN magazine, featuring The Cool Kids, Skrillex, The Joy Formidable, Grouplove, My Morning Jacket and more.

Improved AI - The game just got a little smarter, with improved CPU AI both on the field and in the dugout.

New & Improved Commentary - Over 80 hours of new commentary featuring Gary Thorne, Steve Phillips & John Kruk. For the first time, MLB Today games will feature dynamic commentary that updates AS THE GAME UNFOLDS.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: More MLB 2K12 Features

It's 1.5 weeks to release and we've had two decent articles on the game with the best being last week's blog. That extra feature list is weak. I'd really like to see some gameplay videos and I hope the demo is out next week. There is a 0% chance I would buy this game blindly. Give me something real to give me hope that some things were fixed. So many questions yet.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
I'm loving MLB TODAY Season Mode now with the Dynamic Commentary. This is definitely the Mode I'm running with this year

Sent from Awesome Phone
Old 02-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

MLB Today season mode is why I am buying this game. I had a blast with this game last year and dont see any reason with some slider tweaks why this year will be any different. I played a whole 162 game season last year and definitely see alot of different animations in the videos and a reasonable upgrade to the graphics.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

New Hit Distribution System - More varied and realistic hits, from line drives in the gap to slow tappers down the line. Based on the physics of the game, including pitch location & speed and swing timing & accuracy.

Swing timing and accuracy, i wonder what they mean by swing accuracy?

I thought it was timing only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Hey Steve- I know it's been beaten to death around here about the lack of info and game play vids. However, I was just wondering why haven't any gaming sites like yours been able to get a word from anyone at 2k as to why the lack of info and videos?

Do you guys approach them for info or and ask them why the lack of info so close to release? Everyone speculates because of the silence and it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Thanks,
Blitz
Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It's 1.5 weeks to release and we've had two decent articles on the game with the best being last week's blog. That extra feature list is weak. I'd really like to see some gameplay videos and I hope the demo is out next week. There is a 0% chance I would buy this game blindly. Give me something real to give me hope that some things were fixed. So many questions yet.
THIS.

/after 2K8's FAIL-fest I always play the demo first
Old 02-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman

Swing timing and accuracy, i wonder what they mean by swing accuracy?

I thought it was timing only.
Based on the ratings of your hitter, not every swing will be perfectly accurate and on the ball.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »