Home

MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - Mets vs. Phillies

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - Mets vs. Phillies within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - Mets vs. Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I just love these kind of stats showing during a game
Player vs player stats would be a fantastic addition of course, but it's kinda hard to believe such a major addition would go unmentioned as some sort of new feature.

Does this year's game actually keep such stats and if so can we view them somewhere within the game?

In order for the game to do this, I bet that the franchise save file must be much larger than what it has been, which is 22 MB. It might help to see if the size of a franchise save file has increased for this year's game....
Old 02-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I just love these kind of stats showing during a game
We're stats like this in last year? I don't recall. It's pretty awesome if that is new. Prob other similar stats were added too.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #19
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Thumbs up for the new presentation during that home run. Loved the cuts to the opposing team's manager hanging his head and other new stuff as the guy rounds the bases. Very well done.

Also, the cam for the replay of the home run was good, following the ball and panning out just at the right time to watch where it lands in the stands.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWayneFTW
Hoping no one complains about Wright's new stance, looks great.

its perfect, im questioning ikes stance and dudas lol tbh only stance on the team i liked was wrights haha
Old 02-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by earp4530
I think that it takes in all avenues of the game in when you see the overall.. like for instances, Howard of course is a lot slower than Vic so his speed is lower, also range, arm, base running ability etc. You can't just look at hitting, you have to look at the player as a whole, everything he does on the field.

I totally understand that but if you're going that route, Victorino would be a top 5 player. He has every possible defensive tool, he has a cannon, huge range, speed, great glove, plus good at hitting. While someone like a Prince Fielder who is a pretty good defensive player, but huge hitter would even out to be the same? This is one reason I never like the BARS, usually player 3-6 are less then a mm apart on the bar on good teams. If they would put a # behind that bar, it would work better for ME
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets94
its perfect, im questioning ikes stance and dudas lol tbh only stance on the team i liked was wrights haha
That's not Dudas stance.. They still have yet to give him his own. And Ike's is perfect, just if they lowered his hands it'd be dead on. Wrights, of course, is perfect, besides how he has a leg kick, i don't know where they got that from. And bays, his is better than before, but I wish he was crunched a tiny more with his front foot to the left by about another few inches. But hey! Wrights is finally Wright! So that's great.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
Rookie

Daxious's Arena

OVR: 1

Not sure if this was just the video quality or the game itself, but I looked a bit more paced from my view. What I mean is just the general setup, David Wright's prep before batting and even the delivery of the pitch. I love how this adds some authenticity to the game.

Watching videos like this get me sooooooo hyped for this game. 3/6 needs to get here now.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #24
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
We're stats like this in last year? I don't recall. It's pretty awesome if that is new. Prob other similar stats were added too.

I am pretty sure this is new.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »