Home

MLB 12 The Show Team Rankings (Overall, Hitting, Pitching and Defense)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Team Rankings (Overall, Hitting, Pitching and Defense) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #9
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 12 The Show Team Rankings (Overall, Hitting, Pitching and Defense)

For those unhappy with the ratings, have you been unhappy with the results in the past? I guess personally I don't care much how each player/team is ranked, as long as the end results make sense. I can't think of too many instances in the past that I've seen something out-of-whack during my franchise.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
For those unhappy with the ratings, have you been unhappy with the results in the past? I guess personally I don't care much how each player/team is ranked, as long as the end results make sense. I can't think of too many instances in the past that I've seen something out-of-whack during my franchise.
Quite.

Far, far too much emphasis is put on ratings, much of it is very subjective anyway.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
Rookie

catch212's Arena

OVR: 0

These team rankings have always been off in the Show. I think they put too much emphasis on the benches and front-end of the bullpens or something.

Things like the Phillies 3rd in hitting? Rays a worse pitching staff than the Reds?
I don't know about that..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #12
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Quite.

Far, far too much emphasis is put on ratings, much of it is very subjective anyway.
Absolutely. Goes for any other popular team sports game, too
Old 02-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #13
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4
Phillies not #1 in pitching!? How is that possible? Phillies were #1 in almost every single metric, and those they weren't they were top 3. Also, they shouldn't be #3 for hitting, #5 maybe, but 3, not the Phils.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Phillies not #1 in pitching!? How is that possible? Phillies were #1 in almost every single metric, and those they weren't they were top 3. Also, they shouldn't be #3 for hitting, #5 maybe, but 3, not the Phils.
cause they added papelbon.

but yea, i would say phillies one, but the yankees have the best bullpen in baseball, arguably. and the staff is now greatly improved [losing aj burnett will do that to a staff], tho i am sure it is based off Kuroda's NL numbers [will they translate to the AL East or will be Javy Vasquez 2.0?] and the possibilities of what Pineda can become.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle

but yea, i would say phillies one, but the yankees have the best bullpen in baseball, arguably. and the staff is now greatly improved [losing aj burnett will do that to a staff], tho i am sure it is based off Kuroda's NL numbers [will they translate to the AL East or will be Javy Vasquez 2.0?] and the possibilities of what Pineda can become.
The thing is though having an amazing bullpen doesn't hide the flaws of your rotation. Even Burnettless the Yanks aren't a top 3 pitching staff, let alone #1. To me, if you have the best rotation in years then any deficiencies in your bullpen are less significant because that bullpen isn't as important.

To not have the defacto best staff in baseball from 2011 at #1 is disappointing. I know it's only ratings, but it still matters. To try and use the strengths of the bullpen as the reason is also disappointing imo, the Phils rotation were so good, it didn't matter who was in the pen as long as the closer wasn't horrific. Sure the pen didn't rack up all the WAR's and IP's like teams who couldn't get their starter through 6 innings (hello Atlanta), but for their ranking to get dropped because of it, mindblowing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle

I am very wary of Kuroda in the AL. I have a feeling he may become quite the disappointment but the best part of this is that he has a 1 year contract. Pineda has a ton of potential and is reportedly working on his change-up in camp to become a solid 3 pitch pitcher instead of relying on the fastball-slider combo, which could have contributed to his drop off last year in the second half. But I think it is fair to say that the Yankees have the best bullpen in baseball, which probably factors into their number 1 rating. I am a Yankees fan, but I am not sure I would rank them number 1 even with their lights out bullpen.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »