Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Producer Videos - Country Clubs, Course Mastery Coins, Pins

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Producer Videos - Country Clubs, Course Mastery Coins, Pins within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Producer Videos - Country Clubs, Course Mastery Coins, Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I like 12 too but it would be nice if you could disable the caddy entirely. Augusta was a very nice addition.
Agreed....with TW11 TrueAim and TW12 courses with Augusta and NO Caddy, I am hoping this is what we are getting with TW13....
Old 02-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Producer Videos - Country Clubs, Course Mastery Coins, Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Agreed....with TW11 TrueAim and TW12 courses with Augusta and NO Caddy, I am hoping this is what we are getting with TW13....
THis would be the ideal, but I'm pessimistic that EA dumps the caddy and reinstitutes 11's TrueAim. I'm certainly hoping though.

FWIW, I loved both 11 and 12 as different games.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 02-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

Mike DeVault's hair is...interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
THis would be the ideal, but I'm pessimistic that EA dumps the caddy and reinstitutes 11's TrueAim. I'm certainly hoping though.

FWIW, I loved both 11 and 12 as different games.
The Caddy is still in the game, but you can disable him completely in TW13. TrueAim is now being called TrueView and we don't really know just yet how it compares to TA from TW11...
Old 02-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 18

I bought 12 for Augusta. For me this is a tough upgrade. From what I can see the graphics are very similar and the golfers are nearly the same so...
Old 02-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I bought 12 for Augusta. For me this is a tough upgrade. From what I can see the graphics are very similar and the golfers are nearly the same so...
My understanding from those who have seen the game in action have stated that the graphics are improved from 12 in many areas, including real-time dynamic lighting, galleries and course objects and buildings that are much more proportional and the galleries are much more random and they have more realistic animations and reactions.

That being said, the new swing mechanic and associated gameplay challenge are FAR more important to me personally and the main reason I will be upgrading ....

Last edited by DivotMaker; 02-24-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

The upgrade here is simple... GamePlay!!!! No more Turbo Controllers being helpful... Even after market Y axis disabling controllers will be minimized as you will need to swing diagonally to draw and fade. Caddie tips that are aggressive always use draw/fade so unless the Y axis disabler only plays on Amatuer... They are screwed... Just Awesome there....

The analog sensitivity will also eliminate many aftermarket controllers as tempo is now a factor and they will find it difficult to manage. The most difficult thing this year may be finding a good controller to use though... Xbox made or aftermarket....

Add to this, the whole Online Country Club dynamic which will really boost the games long term playability, allows you to earn the DLC instead of pay, and allows you to wear any clothing.... Id say the upgrade is much worth it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #16
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
The upgrade here is simple... GamePlay!!!! No more Turbo Controllers being helpful... Even after market Y axis disabling controllers will be minimized as you will need to swing diagonally to draw and fade. Caddie tips that are aggressive always use draw/fade so unless the Y axis disabler only plays on Amatuer... They are screwed... Just Awesome there....

The analog sensitivity will also eliminate many aftermarket controllers as tempo is now a factor and they will find it difficult to manage. The most difficult thing this year may be finding a good controller to use though... Xbox made or aftermarket....

Add to this, the whole Online Country Club dynamic which will really boost the games long term playability, allows you to earn the DLC instead of pay, and allows you to wear any clothing.... Id say the upgrade is much worth it...
Guru, what a wonderfully written assessment of the potential of Tiger 13... EA Sports needs to contract with you and put this on the back of the box! You did a great job of tying all the proported benefits of the Total Swing Control mechanic (in everything above Amateur difficulty) into an equation that hits the mark. I'd love to see the aftermarket controllers be rendered null & void. In theory, this should do it, but it's got to execute. I still think everyone will ultimately find a favorite MS wireless controller or DS3 controller (on the PS3 side) in terms of fine tuning, but the sensitivity *should* have to be there to make it work for accuracy and distance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »