Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Producer Videos - Country Clubs, Course Mastery Coins, Pins

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Producer Videos - Country Clubs, Course Mastery Coins, Pins within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Producer Videos - Country Clubs, Course Mastery Coins, Pi

While online is seeing improvements, eliminating ridiculous online scores will not be one of them. I'm convinced that in the very 1st week you will see -20 scores on the hardest difficulty (even if they have TW11 true aim back). It's not really the devs fault, there's only so much they can do but online is just a different animal, it's inherently broken for most games but especially sports games. There is always something to exploit if people spend 24\7 trying to find it.

At this point I'm quite convinced that people are somehow hacking in to post lower scores and trust me people can hack into anything if motivated enough. Some people really have no lives and with the game of golf where random scores are posted to be beaten (unlike a team sports game) then the urge to hack is incredibly high.

With random landing circles of prior years people should not have been getting ridiculous scores no matter what joystick they were using. Don't get your hopes up with the live tourney scores being realistic but at least you have these CC to play in against a limited field that are playing the game like they should.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 02-27-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Producer Videos - Country Clubs, Course Mastery Coins, Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Don't get your hopes up with the live tourney scores being realistic but at least you have these CC to play in against a limited field that are playing the game like they should.
And this is the key to why I think I'll at least enjoy the competition within my club because I know I'll be playing against trusted gamers who approach the game with the same, simulation-minded mindset. Having a gathering spot within the game itself in your club's clubhouse will make the clubs feel more vital to me, not a remote, virtual water-cooler that have had to be the gathering spot for 'clubs' as we've known them up to now.

I'm a little more optimistic about the prospects for overall higher scores with Tournament difficulty this year. I think the tempo variable could trip lock & load guys up enough to take the -20 scores down into the -14 range. I know that still sounds silly, but it's a step in the right direction. It'll also mean that I'll likely be as pleased with a 67 as I now am with a 61, and that will mean more to me than anything else!

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 02-27-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
While online is seeing improvements, eliminating ridiculous online scores will not be one of them. I'm convinced that in the very 1st week you will see -20 scores on the hardest difficulty (even if they have TW11 true aim back). It's not really the devs fault, there's only so much they can do but online is just a different animal, it's inherently broken for most games but especially sports games. There is always something to exploit if people spend 24\7 trying to find it.

At this point I'm quite convinced that people are somehow hacking in to post lower scores and trust me people can hack into anything if motivated enough. Some people really have no lives and with the game of golf where random scores are posted to be beaten (unlike a team sports game) then the urge to hack is incredibly high.

With random landing circles of prior years people should not have been getting ridiculous scores no matter what joystick they were using. Don't get your hopes up with the live tourney scores being realistic but at least you have these CC to play in against a limited field that are playing the game like they should.
Can't say I agree with your assessment as

a) it is WAY too early to speculate what scoring online will be like since NONE OF US have played the game,

b) No one is hacking the online scoring (I know this for a fact from one of the Devs responsible for monitoring the online play and scoring daily....)
Old 02-28-2012, 04:23 AM   #20
Rookie

ctulb's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Can't say I agree with your assessment as

a) it is WAY too early to speculate what scoring online will be like since NONE OF US have played the game,
Given the series' track record with online scoring, I don't think the speculation is unreasonable. For me, EA have lost the benefit of the doubt on the issue at this point (and that's from someone who has preordered 13).

At least tiered tournaments are available (and need to be pushed harder IMO), and the new Country Club feature is very welcome. I still think they need to look at incorporating a handicapping system before too much longer.

Last edited by ctulb; 02-28-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #21
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

I will attest that the scores are legit. I can score that low on occasion, but typically finish 2 or 3 strokes back of the winner. I do have a rapid fire controller for boost on pro and amatuer. I do not have the y axis disabling stick and the 2 or 3 strokes I give up are usually a mis hit on an approach.

Tour pro and Tournament scores really require a perfect controller (I am willing to bet y axis disablers are the majority of the consistent winners), an understanding of the course, and lastly quite a bit of luck with the random landings.... Tour pro, you can take a bit out of random with the proper usage of focus. Ive had a few good Tour Pro rds online, but only one Tournament mode good score. The difference was pretty much luck... things hit str8 and got close.

In 13, low scores will hurt if others feel they are no where near them. I do think that we will finally rid ourselves of the Amateur craze that goes on right now. It sounds like it will have a bit more of a stigma to it and the majority will play on pro. That is at least my hope. With the tempo based swing, hitting the right % should be much more difficult which should lead us towards a hole out being more of a rarity than a neccesity. If playing smart golf is the way to score properly, and then putting well.... we may have ourselves a game here....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »