Home

SSX Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on SSX Review (360/PS3) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
SSX Review (360/PS3)

The SSX series was, at one time, one of the most popular alternative/extreme sports series around. Each game ultimately reviewed quite well, but the linear runs became quite old hat after awhile, and ultimately made the series irrelevant.

Last year, EA decided to relaunch the SSX series -- reimagined for next-gen consoles with bigger drops with infinite replay value (or so they had visioned).

Rarely do relaunches go as well as SSX has, since not only is the series back in a big way, but it's one of the best games in the past several years in our genre.

Read More - SSX Review (360/PS3)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: SSX Review (360/PS3)

Woo! Can't wait to pick this up later today.

By the way, I thought I'd ask it here, but I'm noticing an input delay in the game when it comes to controlling my character. Maybe that's the hit of having 30 FPS for this title, but is it as bad in the retail version as it was in the demo?

Of course, I expect you to say that you haven't noticed a problem. For those who do notice it, though (I'll record what I'm talking about later I guess), is it as bad in the retail version as it is in the demo?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8
This should have been released on the Vita.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

I just rented this from Redbox, getting ready to install now. I will post some impressions in a little bit.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
I told you...masterpiece of a game

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Wow fantastic review! I was a little worried by the rather "unconventional" online but you just crushed my concerns! See you all in Kilimanjaro folks!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5
NO replay mode... Does this mean no replays period, or just no replays that I can control myself?
Old 02-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Here's my impression for those that are worried about the auto-correcting. I'm crashing a LOT. You're still noticeably bottom heavy but the game really speeds up as you level your gear. This makes it harder to align yourself since the safe landing window shrinks. You can not land on your head or your back and expect to ride away. Also depending on the mountain you're on, when you crash you can go sliding a long way before you slow down enough to get back on your feet. This messes up your times and your scores since you're waiting to get back on your board and your combo meter is shrinking while you slide. Also the demo runs where a cake walk compared to the runs that are in the full game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »