Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - All Player Ratings

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - All Player Ratings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:09 AM   #17
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - All Player Ratings

Cristhian Martinez rated higher than Jason Heyward, Kris Medlen, Freddie Freeman and Martin Prado? Really? And again with the contracts. Dan Uggla is the only player on the Braves who doesn't have a 1-year contract. Everyone else has 1-year contracts. That's crazy. But now that I think about it that's realistic. All the Braves veterans are either going to be free agents after this year or have vesting options on their contracts and then we have all those young guys who go year-to-year. That's crazy!
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 02-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

Danny Valencia got no love for the Twins. He was batting cleanup at the end of the season and did fairly well.........granted it was for a horrible team. Oh well!

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #19
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
Cristhian Martinez rated higher than Jason Heyward, Kris Medlen, Freddie Freeman and Martin Prado? Really? And again with the contracts. Dan Uggla is the only player on the Braves who doesn't have a 1-year contract. Everyone else has 1-year contracts. That's crazy. But now that I think about it that's realistic. All the Braves veterans are either going to be free agents after this year or have vesting options on their contracts and then we have all those young guys who go year-to-year. That's crazy!
If you look at the numbers Martinez had a really good year, WHIP under 1, ERA in the 3's, BAA under .200.

Not suprised he is higher than Heyward/Medlen. I figured Prado & Freeman would be a little higher though. Prado has been a solid player, just had a bad year. Freeman had a solid year, thought he could be higher as a result.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #20
Pro

Hootiefish's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
I understand, but damn! I mean, they have Fielder's years correct I believe. I know SCEA hands are tied here, so I can't fault them for that. However, does 95% of the MLB need 1 year deals? I wish they would have sprinkled in some 2,3, or 4 year deals. They could have done that to a few players who are locked up long term. I hope that contract glitch is still there.
95% of the MLB is, in essence, under one year deals.

Most players, especially those under 30, work on arbitration-to-arbitration deals, which are essentially one year contracts. Once arbitration runs out, that's when the true long-term contracts begin. That is, unless the parent club had the forethought to lock up a player through his arbitration years, which, while getting more popular, is still pretty rare.

The thing to remember is that just because they are on a one year deal, they are still under team control. So even then it's not really a one year deal in the true sense of the term.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5
why is ike davis rated so low? he was the best hitter on the mets before he got hurt and is probably the best overall player on the team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #22
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
I understand, but damn! I mean, they have Fielder's years correct I believe. I know SCEA hands are tied here, so I can't fault them for that. However, does 95% of the MLB need 1 year deals? I wish they would have sprinkled in some 2,3, or 4 year deals. They could have done that to a few players who are locked up long term. I hope that contract glitch is still there.
What was the contract glitch? Refresh my memory. If I remember correctly it had something to do with releasing a player and putting him back on the team, it would generate a random salary/length. Right, wrong?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #23
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
What was the contract glitch? Refresh my memory. If I remember correctly it had something to do with releasing a player and putting him back on the team, it would generate a random salary/length. Right, wrong?
Yes sir. In 10, I got about 90% of the contract length correct (can't do salaries). Didn't play 11 too much but I heard it was still in. Anyways, I remember in year 1, Lincecum, Fielder, Pujols, etc. etc. all found new teams after the season because they had 1 year deals. Too many players have 1 year deals (yea I know about the arbitration stuff, but even guys who are locked up had 1 year deals). I just hope it is still in this year. It will take about 10 hours of doing it, but will definitely make franchise much better.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #24
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Glitch is still there. Contract lengths were accurate for most part besides guys who just signed extensions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »