Home

NBA Live 13 - What Do You Want to See? Sim Nation Radio, Tonight at 7

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 - What Do You Want to See? Sim Nation Radio, Tonight at 7 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 13 - What Do You Want to See? Sim Nation Radio, Tonight at 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
I dont want a shot stick! Dribbling moves are the best part of live 10 with the right stick and freestyle passing. They could incorporate some more defensive actions with it though.

Shot stick is so overrated

I liked the collisions in 10 as it was a vast improvement from 09. They just need more blocking/offensive fouls, diffferent swat animations and crowding around the net to stop more dunks and lastly more attention to height/weight ratings
Agree 100% dribble moves with the right stick are awesome and need to be kept but how about using one of the shoulder buttons to "Modify" the right stick ie hold L2 and use the right stick for dribble moves, use the right stick on its own and it becomes a shot stick. Just an idea.

As for contact, I liked the live 10 contact system and although we would all like a game to be as much like real life as possible, I would like to see EA remain different from 2k (no point having two games exactly the same!)

Also for my money EA have always nicely stradled that thin line between sim and arcade. I play games for fun and enjoyment I don't want to have a game that frustrates me or takes hours to master, Again that has always been the nice thing about EA games they are accessible to the casual player but have enough depth to keep more experienced gamers happy.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #18
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

A Half-Time Show and a Weekly Wrap up Show during Franchise mode
Old 03-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 22

I could probably go on like a 10 page rant on what I WANT this game to have, but I'm going to keep it short and simple. It also would help to know if they started over from total scratch.

1. Bring back Adidas Live Run. Easily one of my favorite features in an online sports game. Trumped anything that 2k had to offer.

2. Bring back control system of Live 10. Probably the most fluid and intuitive controls that I had used in a basketball game.

3. Fix skimpy weird shaped player models. Also re-do uniform textures and physics. So it doesn't look like shorts are floating.

4. Signature animations!! Lots of them. 2k raised the bar last year. It's time for Live to counter. This goes for all animations as well. No more of the speed up/slow down stuff. Everything should be fluid.

5. Atmosphere in 10 was great. Replicate and improve. Along with Presentation. More TV-esque. Camera cuts/replays/overlays etc.

6. Fix the collision problems that plagued Live 10.

When I think of more, I'll post them, but that's it for now.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #20
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Where can I tune in for the show?

My only question so far is:

-Will Live 13 be horizontal scrolling? Elite 11 was vertical like...you guessed it...a hockey game.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #21
Banned

houstonsdream's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
I dont want a shot stick! Dribbling moves are the best part of live 10 with the right stick and freestyle passing. They could incorporate some more defensive actions with it though.

Shot stick is so overrated

I liked the collisions in 10 as it was a vast improvement from 09. They just need more blocking/offensive fouls, diffferent swat animations and crowding around the net to stop more dunks and lastly more attention to height/weight ratings
your decision BUT we need options. 2k gave us both options so EA needs to also. Live has always had the arcade feel because everyone dribbles like iverson and not alot of dribble moves to LEARN compared to 2k. Shot stick give so many options as opposed to holding down the x button. ITs 2012, time to upgrade and give more options. The game doesnt need to be simplified like last GEN.

i play live 10 and compared shooting with button compared to using shotstick in 2k12 and its night and day. EA GET ER DONE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Where can I tune in for the show?

My only question so far is:

-Will Live 13 be horizontal scrolling? Elite 11 was vertical like...you guessed it...a hockey game.
LOL
http://tobtr.com/s/2954695
Old 03-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #23
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Surprise us with a NCAA Basketball release....
Old 03-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will there be All-Star weekend and classic teams?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »