Home

MLB 2K12 Developer Diary #3 - Audio

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Developer Diary #3 - Audio within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Banned

Zombeels's Arena

OVR: 4
MLB 2K12 Developer Diary #3 - Audio

2K Sports has posted their third MLB 2K12 Developer Diary. Audio Director, Joel Simmons talks about some of the new dialog additions for the game.

Quote:
This year was a really big push for detailed pitching and hitting analysis, especially because of the new gameplay feature for Pitch Trends. First off, we wanted to go much deeper into the specific analysis about the current game. What are the pitchers throwing to yield success via fly-outs, ground ball outs, or strikeouts? Or maybe more importantly, what pitches are being put into play? How are you utilizing the strike zone in terms of mixing locations, or getting hitters to chase? And how effective are you mixing up your pitch types? These are some of the analysis angles we set out to design for the new broadcast segments in MLB 2K12.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by Zombeels; 03-02-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Development Diary 3: Commentary

WOW! That is awesome stuff! This is what keeps the game feeling fun to me! I said this before but if they can just over haul the graphics and better post play animations then this game is a classic! It already has the most important aspect and that is its FUN to play. It just needs a new coat of paint.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

2K's commentary continues to impress and break new ground. Just wish the rest of the game was this good.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Is there supposed to be a way to check on what the % of a pitch should be? It's great that it shows me how many sliders I've thrown and punish me for using it too often, but how am I supposed to know how often I should be throwing them?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

That's it? I was expecting talk about how dynamic the commentary would be deep in your franchise Oh well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
Is there supposed to be a way to check on what the % of a pitch should be? It's great that it shows me how many sliders I've thrown and punish me for using it too often, but how am I supposed to know how often I should be throwing them?
From the demo, the circular pitch icon background goes from green to yellow to red when you're using it too much.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 2K12 Developer Diary #3 - Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast780
From the demo, the circular pitch icon background goes from green to yellow to red when you're using it too much.
I know it changes colors, but is there a way to tell what the percentage should be? I would like to be able to keep my pitches out of yellow/red, but it doesn't look like there is a way other than throwing them until I get warned.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 2K12 Developer Diary #3 - Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
I know it changes colors, but is there a way to tell what the percentage should be? I would like to be able to keep my pitches out of yellow/red, but it doesn't look like there is a way other than throwing them until I get warned.
You'll be able to view the insider's edge reports of all players in the full version

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »