Home

MLB 2K12 Player and Team Ratings

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Player and Team Ratings within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
MLB 2K12 Player and Team Ratings

Pasta Padre has posted MLB 2K12 player and team ratings.

The top 5 teams are as follows:
  • (96) Texas Rangers
  • (95) New York Yankees
  • (95) Philadelphia Phillies
  • (93) Boston Red Sox
  • (92) Milwaukee Brewers
See all of the MLB 2K12 team ratings, right here.

Here are the top rated players at their respective position.

Catcher
  • Brian McCann (ATL) 88
  • Joe Mauer (MIN) 88
  • Mike Napoli (TEX) 88
First Base
  • Albert Pujols (LAA) 99
Second Base
  • Dustin Pedroia (BOS) 94
  • Robinson Cano (NYY) 94
Shortstop
  • Jose Reyes (MIA) 94
  • Troy Tulowitzki (COL) 94
Third Base
  • Miguel Cabrera (DET) 95
Left Field
  • Ryan Braun (MIL) 97
Center Field
  • Matt Kemp (LAD) 97
Right Field
  • Jose Bautista (TOR) 97
Starting Pitcher
  • Justin Verlander (DET) 99
Middle Relief and Setup Pitchers
  • Jonny Venters (ATL) 85
Closers
  • Mariano Rivera (NYY) 92
To see all of the MLB 2K12 player ratings, click here.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 12
Wow... I do not understand these ratings at all. This seems like a lot of bias to me. How do the Milwaukee Brewers LOSE Prince and still have a 92 rating? That makes zero sense. Sure, they have a good pitching staff, but just because they have Ryan Braun, and added Aramis makes them a 92? Then, the Yankees, who only added Hiroki Kuroda in the off-season are a 95 overall rating with an aging shortstop, zero hitters or playmakers in the outfield besides Granderson, and a pitching staff with a lot of big names, but little production. I don't get it. The rangers and Phillies I completely understand. Those are hands down the two best rosters in the Major Leagues. But there is no way you can tell me the Yankees have a better roster than the Phillies. No way. A-Rod is getting worse every year and Teixeira is a .250 hitter annually. I don't really care what he did in Texas, he hasn't been great with the Yankees.

Are there roster updates coming with this game? These default rosters are absolutely horrible. And if they expect me to buy this game to replicate real baseball, they are sadly mistaken. They won't be replicating anything resembling real baseball with those lousy roster ratings. So many players are so overrated. Miguel Cabrera, who is hands down the best hitter in the Majors, with the exception of Albert Pujols, is only a 95 rating? I get that his fielding will be suspect at 3rd, but come on.

Where are the Angels with Pujols and the Tigers? They aren't even in the top 5? The Yankees or Red Sox may not even make the playoffs, and barring big-time injuries, the Tigers and Angels are almost shoe-ins.

This is a joke and not a true representation of sim baseball.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
Banned

Zombeels's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2K12 Player and Team Ratings

The Reds offense is really underrated. They scored the second most runs in 2011 for the NL, and first in 2010, and only got better. How are they behind teams like The Phillies or Rockies, who scored significantly less? They rated the Reds like an 82 for offense, which is below the midpoint.

Oh well, they overrated the pitching staff as well (rated 93- one of the top in the league) so I guess it irons out. They should have switched offense and pitching, though.

The Brewers, as a whole, are overrated. Even with Prince, they aren't a top 5 club.

But oh well- a 92 overall, 91 overall, and 90 overall team all fighting for the NL Central should make for a very interesting franchise mode.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Banned

Zombeels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
Wow... I do not understand these ratings at all. This seems like a lot of bias to me. How do the Milwaukee Brewers LOSE Prince and still have a 92 rating? That makes zero sense. Sure, they have a good pitching staff, but just because they have Ryan Braun, and added Aramis makes them a 92? Then, the Yankees, who only added Hiroki Kuroda in the off-season are a 95 overall rating with an aging shortstop, zero hitters or playmakers in the outfield besides Granderson, and a pitching staff with a lot of big names, but little production. I don't get it. The rangers and Phillies I completely understand. Those are hands down the two best rosters in the Major Leagues. But there is no way you can tell me the Yankees have a better roster than the Phillies. No way. A-Rod is getting worse every year and Teixeira is a .250 hitter annually. I don't really care what he did in Texas, he hasn't been great with the Yankees.

Are there roster updates coming with this game? These default rosters are absolutely horrible. And if they expect me to buy this game to replicate real baseball, they are sadly mistaken. They won't be replicating anything resembling real baseball with those lousy roster ratings. So many players are so overrated. Miguel Cabrera, who is hands down the best hitter in the Majors, with the exception of Albert Pujols, is only a 95 rating? I get that his fielding will be suspect at 3rd, but come on.

Where are the Angels with Pujols and the Tigers? They aren't even in the top 5? The Yankees or Red Sox may not even make the playoffs, and barring big-time injuries, the Tigers and Angels are almost shoe-ins.

They added Raul Ibanez, Michael Pineda, and Eric Chavez as well...
Old 03-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:

Alex Rodriguez missed nearly half the season last year. Any bounce back from him is a major plus there. Teixeira had a down year. Jeter had an awful first half. Their DH Jorge Posada was not good at all, they lost Joba Chamberlain, they lost Rafael Soriano.........

Now they have a lefty righty DH split of Andruw Jones & Raul Ibanez, ARod had the Kobe Bryant surgery (who looks like he got a new pair of legs this year after having the procedure done), Tex could easily replicate his 2009/2010 campaigns........and their rotation......2011: Sabathia, Nova, Burnett, Colon, Garcia. 2012: Sabathia, Pineda, Nova, Kuroda, Hughes.

They are AT LEAST as good on paper as they were going into last season. With that rotation and new DH split....they're better in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
MVP

The 97 win Yankees from last year will probably be one of the better teams in baseball again. How can anyone expect a baseball season these days (last 15 years) to not look like the Yankees will be a top team?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

If this was done before Fielder signed with Detroit then that would explain The Brewers being rated so high.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
If this was done before Fielder signed with Detroit then that would explain The Brewers being rated so high.
If it were than wouldn't Prince be a free agent and not on the team? I expect the Brewers could contend for NL Central with that pitching staff and not a bad offense but top 5 is questionable. My top 5, which should be teams where not making/winning the World Series would go down as a huge disappointment.

1. Rangers
2. Phillies
3. Yankees
4. Tigers
5. Giants

5 is up for grabs. I coulda made a case for Red Sox and Angels as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »