Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 Demo available now, Post impressions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm really shocked at what they've done with the putting. It seems like they've scaled the maximum distance for the putt to the distance you've targeted to within 20% or so. You can set your aiming cursor at 20 feet and have a full rip at it and it will go 25 feet.
Hasn't that always been the case with this series? That putting has always been scaled to a large degree. I don't understand how that's different than in previous versions.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #10
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

Just finished the 1st two holes and I have to say I thought the game is pretty decent. I have to say that the last TW game I played was 09. I thought the presentation was done really well, the crowd sounds really good to me. I need to learn the buttons better to have a better experience but I thought it was good.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #11
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Hasn't that always been the case with this series? That putting has always been scaled to a large degree. I don't understand how that's different than in previous versions.
I didn't find it to be scaled in Tiger 10, 11 and 12, not in Tournament difficulty with the putting meter turned off. I guess I could move the targeting cursor out to 100 feet and rely on my touch to regulate the strength, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be the same as putting with 10, 11 and 12's interface.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Who said it is "back to its arcade roots"? I did not find that to be the case at all in my time at Tiburon last week and having played 2 rounds of the demo using Kinect in Tournament difficulty, I can tell you that this is flat out wrong from what I can see so far. Have you even downloaded the demo? Don't have much time to spend with the demo right now as I am preparing to go overseas tomorrow, but I will get to play it overseas. I will try the controller then....
Divot, have you had a chance to play the demo yet? I want to see how you think it compares the near final version you got to play at Tiburon. Some aspects of the golfer animations are really dodgy in the demo, IMO.

I'm still eager to read some OS'ers opinions on the Kinect interface with the demo. I don't own a Kinect, but I'm considering it if this game works well with it.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well, I downloaded the demo this morning and played both the courses included on Tour Pro difficulty with the manual caddy option.

I have to say that I was actually impressed. It doesn't feel nearly as arcadey as past renditions of the game have been for me. I really like the new stance and ball setup features. I like the the swing meter and feedback hud and the fact that you can turn those off. I thought the caddy feature was terrible last year and I really like the fact that I can have him turned on but don't have to use him unless I feel like I need him. The first few holed I played at Augusta were difficult even though I played using Tiger. I haven't been able to say that in years past. This lets me know that using my own created golfer is going to be a bit more challenging.

As far are animations go, everything also seemed to be smooth for me. I didn't notice any choppiness or anything. The grass in the fairways did seem to be a little flat to me but I just say that's because I'm used to playing on my local goat tracks, lol.

Now I'm just hoping online country clubs work out well and are what I'm hoping for. If so, than it will probably be a day one purchase for me.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Graphically this is the best the series has ever been.

STUNNING

Day ONE EA

DAY ONE
Old 03-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions

I have officially gotten tired of the..... I went str8 to tourney difficulty crowd and could not figure it out so it sucks crowd....... Play pro first... Then tour pro... Then after you have a feel for the game... Play tourney....

This is not 12.... And is not easy.... Tempo is everything and you have to swing more than twice to figure it out....

Do not complain about the game being too easy, then bitch when they make it harder..... Your hypocrisy is stunning... Give this time.. I loved the demo and will work to figure it all out when it come out....

Btw.. This goes more to the ea forum crowd than here.... Some of those guys are maddening...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions

I am a casual golf fan and casual player of this game. I liked the demo personally. I played on the default difficulty the demo was set at and I did okay for me. My putting was horrible though. I couldn't see a way to manually aim the putt unless I am completely blind and just overlooking something like an idiot.

Considering how my money situation is before the release date I may try and get the CE but I will wait and see. Overall I have a positive impression of the demo from a casual perspective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »