Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Porsche Expansion Pack Arrives May 22nd

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Porsche Expansion Pack Arrives May 22nd within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Forza Motorsport 4 Porsche Expansion Pack Arrives May 22nd

Porsche makes its return to Forza Motorsport 4, in the Porsche Expansion Pack, arriving on May 22nd.

Quote:
Porsche is returning to Forza Motorsport! Today we’re unveiling the first look at the Forza Motorsport 4 Porsche Expansion Pack, which will arrive on Xbox LIVE on May 22, featuring content and gameplay experiences solely dedicated to one of the world’s most iconic automotive brands.

First up, the cars. The Forza Motorsport 4 Porsche Expansion Pack will feature 30 incredible Porsche models for you to collect, drive, and customize, including two models announced today: the 2010 Porsche 911 Sport Classic and the 2010 Porsche Boxster S. Seven of the 30 Porsche models that will be featured in the Porsche Expansion Pack are brand new to the Forza franchise—look for more car details to be revealed in the coming weeks.

The Porsche Expansion Pack is more than just cars, however. The pack will also feature 20 brand new Porsche-centric events to be added to your Forza 4 career, as well as 10 new Xbox LIVE Achievements (worth a total of 250 Gamerscore points) all centered around Porsche. In addition, players can expect to see Porsche models in the AI field when racing in events, as well as integrated into Forza 4’s level reward structure.

Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Porsche Returns To Forza

Best news of the day! Presumably they've had these since launch which would explain the large number ready to go. Awesome awesome stuff.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #3
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5
yeah, this is super news. forza 4 might be the best racing game of all time now.. really. it's amazing.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
Nice how they really burned the loyal Forza fans on this one. The Collectors Edition cars are now out to the public (so where is the rare cars and reason for buying that edition?). And the Season Pass customers get zero. Surprisingly the Season Pass ends the very month BEFORE this Porsche pack is released. To be honest and fair since these cars were already to go, the best thing to do would be release all but the 7 new Porsche cars to the Season Pass and Limitied Edition customers since those cars are ready and in prior Forza games. Least give us loyal fans and customers some love. IF, and I do so IF that was done I would purchase this Porsche pack. Just seems developers are milking us dry on purpose by holding stuff back.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Porsche Expansion Pack Arrives May 22nd

The original game included over 500 cars (i think) and a number of tracks as well as a few free dlc cars. The DLC in this game is completely optional and is not needed in order to complete the game. It's purely for enjoyment. Being that you're feeling like t10 is milking you for money, I would just say, don't buy it. Its your call.

On the CE stuff...I seem to recall getting 14 additional cars (or is that wrong?) and other fluff. I also seem to recall there was some grousing over additional cars in the Ultimate edition of Forza 3..so perhaps that's why the CE cars are available to all now. The bonus for the CE people was that they got them first. But again..optional. You did not need to purchase the CE to enjoy the game.

Not having Porsche in the game initially was EAs fault and the price is most likely EAs fault as well. They control the license, but I suspect that Porsche most likely put some pressure on them to get a deal done. Either way, again, its optional. This DLC, imo at least, does not fall within the scope of what the season pass was designed for. That is, DLC released between Oct/Nov - April.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Finally!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Woohooo....now I can pay $20 for Turn 10s arrogance!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #8
Rookie

Paulinho's Arena

OVR: 5

AWESOME!!! As a Season Pass owner i am kinda annoyed this is not included in the package but i will purchase it anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »