Home

NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Rookie

makinpropel's Arena

OVR: 2
NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

EA Sports has updated their NCAA Football 13 website with a few tidbits of information. Details are shown below, along with release dates, when more information and details will be available.

Playbook #1: Sights & Sounds (More details released on April 2nd)
Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

Playbook #2: Gameplay (More details released on April 17th)
With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.

Playbook #3: Dynasty (More details released on May 7th)
Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge (More details released on May 28th)
There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.

Playbook #5: Road to Glory (More details released on June 11th)
The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: First Preview of New Features in NCAA '13

Sounds like they're finally working on passing.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

I like how they timelined the details....Im just waiting for it, I've already traded in 2012, so I reckon I'll midnight release the game, just because its an every year thing. I just hope they get it closer to perfect as they did with last year. (No I'm not saying it was great, or even the best NCAA, but it was better than the few years before and I think this years has potential to be another great title, even if it takes a few slider tweaks.)
Old 03-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

"Read and React defensive AI"

That's a start. Couple this with much, MUCH more realistic player movement and they might be on the right track. We shall see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Banned

DJACK's Arena

OVR: 3

New Passing system, scouting players in dynasty, enhanced commentary.. Sounds like a good start to me. Now let's hope they actually deliver on the execution part of things.

Only thing that worries me is with having 2 heisman winners on the cover and this new heisman game mode similar to nba 2k12, it makes me worry that they spent too much time on this mode. I would much rather them focus their resources on gameplay and dynasty because I feel like that is probably where 95% of peoples time is spent on these games.

Last edited by DJACK; 03-12-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/SLAP

A new passing system is NOT something to yawn at, rookie! It's precisely what we've spent the last two years griping about, and now we're about to get it!

I am intrigued!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Actually glad that they have it timelined. It lets us know when things comes out.
Things I like:
"pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations"
"With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system"
"Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. ."

I hope they worked on player interaction, and the CPU " knowing your play.
I wonder when they will release the 1st picture

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »