Home

F1 2012 Arrives in September, Introduces Young Driver Test, Games vs. Reality Video

This is a discussion on F1 2012 Arrives in September, Introduces Young Driver Test, Games vs. Reality Video within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2012 Arrives in September, Introduces Young Driver Test, Games vs. Reality Video

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

F1 2012 TO INTRODUCE YOUNG DRIVER TEST AND LAUNCH WORLDWIDE IN SEPTEMBER

The official game of the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ coming to HD consoles and PC in September - see how games can help the next generation of drivers in the first F1 2012 video now playing at www.youtube.com/codemastersgames

Ahead of the first race of the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in Melbourne this weekend, Codemasters today announced that F1 2012 will launch worldwide in September for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. F1 2012 is the next game in the award-winning, multi-million selling series from Codemasters as part of an exclusive multi-year deal with Formula One World Championship Limited.

To mark the announcement and introduce one of F1 2012’s new headline features, Codemasters has released a video following F1 2012 Creative Director, Stephen Hood, as he meets the next generation of drivers at the Young Driver Test. Filmed at the Yas Marina Circuit, home of the FORMULA 1 Abu Dhabi GRAND PRIX, Stephen asks if their experience with Codemasters’ FORMULA ONE™ games has been of benefit as they prepare for a career in the world’s most exciting motorsport in real life.

F1 2012 will introduce a new Young Driver Test mode as one of the headline additions to the series that will take players even closer to the experience of becoming a FORMULA ONE driver. Players will be introduced to the world of FORMULA ONE through a range of tutorials explaining how to handle racing’s most exciting and responsive cars, and challenged to earn a drive from a team for the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

In the video, rising star Sam Bird, testing for Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team, says, “I think Codemasters have done a super job of giving regular people a proper insight into what a FORMULA ONE car is like.”

Stefano Coletti, representing Scuderia Toro Rosso added, “When I came toAbu DhabiI couldn’t go to the simulator so I switched on the videogame and started to play. It actually worked because when I got here I felt like I’d already driven [the circuit]. It was my first race in GP2, first ever time in GP2, and I won in my first race so it actually helped.”

In F1 2012 players will feel the unparalleled thrill of becoming a FORMULA ONE driver with a host of new features, wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements and extensive competitive and co-operative multiplayer components. F1 2012 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including the debut of the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX atAustin,Texasand the return ofGermany’s famous Hockenheim circuit to the calendar.

F1 2012 is set to deliver the most accessible and immersive FORMULA ONE game for fans of all abilities.

F1 2012 is in development at Codemasters Birmingham for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC and is available for pre-order ahead of its September worldwide release.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Paulinho's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: F1 2012 Arrives in September, Introduces Young Driver Test, Games vs. Reality Vid

I think my wiener just sneezed milk.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #3
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
hahaha. Yea that is pretty amazing.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #4
Banned

Re: F1 2012 Arrives in September, Introduces Young Driver Test, Games vs. Reality Vid

Amazing how the drivers say they used the game to familiarize themselves with the track. Reminds me of Iracing and Nascar Season 2003.

Sounds extremely promising!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Paulinho's Arena

OVR: 5

Now if Eutechnyx can get it's act together and give us a great NASCAR game i will be in heaven.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #6
Rookie

gigadkc's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Amazing how the drivers say they used the game to familiarize themselves with the track. Reminds me of Iracing and Nascar Season 2003.

Sounds extremely promising!
you shouldn't get to excited. The game is no simulation at all, F1 2010 and 2011 were basically arcade games. We had better F1 games on PC 15 years ago. This one has nice graphics and that's pretty much it. If you have the money for iRacing then you shouldn't even look at F1 2012.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadkc
you shouldn't get to excited. The game is no simulation at all, F1 2010 and 2011 were basically arcade games. We had better F1 games on PC 15 years ago. This one has nice graphics and that's pretty much it. If you have the money for iRacing then you shouldn't even look at F1 2012.
We'll have to see. But if the young drivers are already saying they almost nailed the overall feel of the cars and tracks,that doesn't sound arcadey to me.

JMO.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #8
Rookie

gigadkc's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
We'll have to see. But if the young drivers are already saying they almost nailed the overall feel of the cars and tracks,that doesn't sound arcadey to me.

JMO.
true, but they said the same thing about F1 2010, so that doesn't mean much if anything. You can't expect them to say that this game is the worst thing they've ever seen

not saying this game will be bad but you shouldn't expect a simulation because then you'll be disappointed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »