Home

EA Shutting Down MMA Servers on April 13th, Online Pass Users Affected, Is it Fair?

This is a discussion on EA Shutting Down MMA Servers on April 13th, Online Pass Users Affected, Is it Fair? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: EA Shutting Down MMA Servers on April 13th, Online Pass Users Affected, Is it Fai

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Are there even any other sports games with an online spectator mode? I can't think of any.

For some reason, spectator mode has only caught on in fighting games.
Rockstar Table Tennis had a spectator mode as well. That was a fun little game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #26

OVR: 34
Re: EA Shutting Down MMA Servers on April 13th, Online Pass Users Affected, Is it Fai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I REMEMBER that 1 punch KO(I believe it was a superman punch if I remember correctly). We were dying laughing our butts off. What a blast that night was!
The one I remember with some OS guys was how the guy with Willie Moore was getting roughed up all fight and when they got to the ground one of the guys said, "You're in Willie Moore's world now and he got the SUB. That is easily one of my top online gaming moments. It was just so funny to me.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7
I really wished they wouldn't shut down the ea mms servers, because that really was a great game, and ai personally like it better than the UFC ones, too bad Dana hates EA and they will probably never make one again...
Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #28
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1
Don't know when and if they removed the MMA online pass from the PSN Store, but if they did a few days before shutting down the servers is something _very_ similar to a fraud.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:59 AM   #29
Rookie

dtotheb86's Arena

OVR: 3
I'm not liking the whole paying $10 for Online just for them to shut it down like a year later, I would understand If they came out with a brand new game but still EA is just getting cheaper and cheaper,,,,
Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #30
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobebeasting
what an awful thing 2 do mma is never good just like fight night all bad games and why waste time on it what idiotssssssssssssssssssssssss
The game had some issue, but calling it a bad game is a bit much. Strike to pass, pass to strike works in theory, but the blocking system made it a bit unbalanced. Instead of killing temporary stamina to get a pass, you should gave had to set it up with strikes my mixing high low. The solo block button along with gigantic denial windows for transitions made it too easy to defend against both. Adding a high low block would have worked better. But there are many things EA got right. I think they did pacing and fluidity better in the stand up. But them the parry system screwed it up.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #31
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
The one I remember with some OS guys was how the guy with Willie Moore was getting roughed up all fight and when they got to the ground one of the guys said, "You're in Willie Moore's world now and he got the SUB. That is easily one of my top online gaming moments. It was just so funny to me.
Oh yes..........I am a legend.......It will go down in history as one of the greatest come back fights ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »