Home

How Do You Like the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Kinect Controls?

This is a discussion on How Do You Like the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Kinect Controls? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
How Do You Like the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Kinect Controls?

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

For those of you playing Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 with Kinect controls, how do you like it so far?
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: How Do You Like the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Kinect Controls?

So far not good. While playing the game with my son when the Kinect sensor recognized him,the game rebooted....
Old 03-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Other than the menus, I am really enjoying the controls. I am not sure yet how "sim" they are, but it is still a lot of fun and they function well on the course.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

I am enjoying the Kinect controls. However, I have found a couple of issues that occur randomply that need to be patched.

1. About once and sometimes twice per round, I will set up a shot, put my hands together in my grip to get ready to swing and the Kinect will swing for me with no action from me. This usually ends up with a decent result, but it should not be happening at all. I have posted this on the EA Tiger forums and the Dev Team is aware of it.

2. The other issue is the opposite of the one above. There are times during a round I will set up a shot, address the ball, swing, and nothing happens other than going back to the shot setup screen. This is annoying and I have made the Devs aware of this as well.

Otherwise, I prefer the Kinect interface to the controller and if EA can resolve the two issues I have posted above, I won't touch my controller again for this game.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

My problem with the Kinect is that it isn't getting my full swing. For some reason on my back swing, sometimes it won't get the full back swing and the ball will go like a 50-100 yards less than it should on drives. Sometimes it does but I have stop using kinect because of it. Instead of doing a normal golf swing sometimes I would have to do a back swing and put it above my head like if I was a batter waiting on a pitch. Really annoying me and I have calibrated it again and moved the kinect around and still getting this.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I am enjoying the Kinect controls. However, I have found a couple of issues that occur randomply that need to be patched.

1. About once and sometimes twice per round, I will set up a shot, put my hands together in my grip to get ready to swing and the Kinect will swing for me with no action from me. This usually ends up with a decent result, but it should not be happening at all. I have posted this on the EA Tiger forums and the Dev Team is aware of it.

2. The other issue is the opposite of the one above. There are times during a round I will set up a shot, address the ball, swing, and nothing happens other than going back to the shot setup screen. This is annoying and I have made the Devs aware of this as well.

Otherwise, I prefer the Kinect interface to the controller and if EA can resolve the two issues I have posted above, I won't touch my controller again for this game.
How accurately do you feel it represents your golf swing, and does making adjustments matter?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Sounds like most of you aren't having my problem. How far are you all standing back? Maybe that is causing my problem. At work so can't check.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Meh...keep us updated..I may pick this up in the fall once the price drops just to play with kinect controls..

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »