Home

Fight Night's Future is in Your Hands, Take the Survey

This is a discussion on Fight Night's Future is in Your Hands, Take the Survey within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #17
Pro

evilc08's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Fight Night's Future is in Your Hands, Take the Survey

The Smackdown vs Raw 2011 universe mode as a guide. Give us the ability to set champions outside of legacy. Then setup fights based on how we play. Titles can change hands and maybe cards set based on previous ones, but we can edit them at anytime.

Perhaps give the option to carry over damage from a bad fight. Yet also have the abiltiy to clear one fighter's stats/injuries at a time or start fresh with a reset all. Keep track of records too. Maybe leave out age progression or give that as an option also.

This mode would work great for boxing. It would be quicker than legacy and the abiltiy to control it could be amazing. Would give fight now a whole new feel.

Included this in my survey. Please feel free to pass on the same suggestion if you like it and haven't done one yet.

Ashford Pines Golf Club (front 9)

Full version release June 2016

Challenging course without the cheap gimmicks.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I want the cutman mini-game in between rounds back.
It wasn't a huge favorite amongst hardcore fans and the producers( even though they added for the something new that year). I personally hated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Yuck. Just sayin...
I agree and the producers told me it wasn't a fan favorite. Fans want to fight and not waste time between rounds being a cutman.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #19
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
I agree with most here. Would love to see more current rosters. While I love the old fighters, I think to casual boxing fans who pick this game up, it would be beneficial to have new fighters. For instance Zab Judah is a great example. I had an idea who he was, but after I bought the game I started actually looking into his fights. Even if the new fighters are not huge names (which should be more beneficial budget wise) They need to be included.

@evil your SVR 2011 sounds pretty cool. My biggest gripes with legacy, like most, is established fighters having to work their way up, no real substance, and some glitches here and there.

Also the creation of arcade mode and sim mode need to be at the top priority. I can't stand how up and down this game has been with patches and tuners bringing the game back to which ever side they ticked off before.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #20
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
It wasn't a huge favorite amongst hardcore fans and the producers( even though they added for the something new that year). I personally hated it.

I agree and the producers told me it wasn't a fan favorite. Fans want to fight and not waste time between rounds being a cutman.
I didn't buy this year's game.

But in the previous year's title, you could hardly even see cuts on your boxer's face in-between rounds. It was bogus to me.

I don't get it...but whatever.

What do you see when you watch a boxing match in between rounds?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I didn't buy this year's game.

But in the previous year's title, you could hardly even see cuts on your boxer's face in-between rounds. It was bogus to me.

I don't get it...but whatever.

What do you see when you watch a boxing match in between rounds?
Fight Night Champion everything is automatic.
This is how it should be setup.....
Between rounds: trainer gives instructions, trainer/cutman works on cuts, replays of previous rounds, ring card girl.
I didn't buy the game, I played my brother's copy. The game seemed unpolished and lacked realism if you compared it to what the Sports fans standards are after seeing what games like NBA 2K11 and the Show have brought to the table.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
The most important thing for me is gameplay, it has to be just like real live boxing and the boxers should have their own styles just like real live even their own stance. About gameplay: A boxer should be able to hold out the jab for as long as the jab button is hold, like ali when he put the jab in their face, the parry should be taken off it disrupts a good exchange and it's really annoying, the haymaker and the ko punch should be the same and thrown fast just like in fight night round 2. Also some boxers don't speak english so for the boxers who don't speak english they should have trainers speaking their language. Also the referee should be able to separate boxers. Anything that is done in real boxing and a boxer does should be put.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #23
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Even though this post was bitten by Bumpasaurus Tex -- Shakyr, do you still EA's ear regarding Fight Night? I want to fall in love with this game but I just can't... so frustrating.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #24
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Please integrate HBO presentation with commentary and include Lampley, Steward, Merchant and Kellerman. Lederman too, for that matter. They attempted some of the HBO presentation with Fight Night Champion, but they need to take it to the next level. Also, use ESPN integration as well. I would also like the career mode to start in the Golden Gloves Tournament, maybe even an Olympic Boxing Mode as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »