Home

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Review (PS Vita)

This is a discussion on Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Review (PS Vita) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Review (PS Vita)

It’s been years since a new Hot Shots Golf has released in the states, but now that has changed.

With the launch of the Playstation Vita, Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational has taken the new handheld by storm. By combining the cartoonish graphics with superb gameplay, Hot Shots Golf does not disappoint.

Read More - Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Review (PS Vita)
Platform: PS Vita
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Hmm. I think this is the best Hot Shots game we've ever seen.

1) You can change your caddy. You have to buy a course in the shop.

2) Your description of the online portion of the game makes no sense. First, as of right now (although it's being patched in), there is no head-to-head. Or games you can create among just a few friends. There are times when people play.

In addition, probably the best addition of any Hot Shots ever is the Daily Tournament online portion. Every day, there are two 9-hole courses and one 18-hole course that you compete with * everyone * on. It shows the average score, the percentage of how many people eagled, birdied, etc., and it ranks you by score. It's really awesome, and it's addictive to go in every day and see how your global rank has changed.

I would recommend this game for all sports fans just because of it's addictive nature, to be honest.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by addybojangles
Hmm. I think this is the best Hot Shots game we've ever seen.

1) You can change your caddy. You have to buy a course in the shop.

2) Your description of the online portion of the game makes no sense. First, as of right now (although it's being patched in), there is no head-to-head. Or games you can create among just a few friends. There are times when people play.

In addition, probably the best addition of any Hot Shots ever is the Daily Tournament online portion. Every day, there are two 9-hole courses and one 18-hole course that you compete with * everyone * on. It shows the average score, the percentage of how many people eagled, birdied, etc., and it ranks you by score. It's really awesome, and it's addictive to go in every day and see how your global rank has changed.

I would recommend this game for all sports fans just because of it's addictive nature, to be honest.
THANK YOU. You can even turn the caddy off, which I did after the first round I played. And as you said, the online tournaments are easily the best part of the game
Old 04-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
This seems like a very rushed and somewhat shoddy review of a fantastic game.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0
I agree with mrprice, the game is fabulous as for someone who is on the go or likes playing in bed or at the gym, this is the must have game for anyone getting a vita! I dont ever think there was an head 2 head mode in the hotshots golf games, but hey, if its patched in then thats great.

On another note, you can invite friends to closed games where its only who you invite as I see rooms like this all the time. So I dunno what the reviewer is getting at really!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2
I like the gameplay of Hot Shots Golf (much better than TW) but I can't get over the over the top cartoony aspect of the game...it's really annoying. If they could strip that element out of the game they'd have a real winner on their hands.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
I like the gameplay of Hot Shots Golf (much better than TW) but I can't get over the over the top cartoony aspect of the game...it's really annoying. If they could strip that element out of the game they'd have a real winner on their hands.
You know that's been a staple of the series for about 10 years now, right?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
This might be my first Vita game

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »