Home

OS Tip of the Day: MLB The Show Franchise Farm Systems

This is a discussion on OS Tip of the Day: MLB The Show Franchise Farm Systems within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Tip of the Day: MLB The Show Franchise Farm Systems

The term farm system taken too literally.

Remember to Always Build Your Farm System

No matter who you are, a strong farm system is the most important part of any club's success. Keep an eye out on your prospects and see how much they progress. These youngsters, coupled with some of your solid veterans, can make the difference in a best-of-seven series.

Also, when you have a very dominate player (Ichiro) on a very lousy team (Mariners), go trade hunting. Find those hidden gems in other club's systems. Make out like a bandit and try and grab two or three prospects -- they could be your future.

Balancing your future needs with present realities is what every great businessman does best. If you are to run a great MLB: The Show Franchise you'll learn this balancing act quickly.

Share your own tips on managing your farm system!
Platform: PS Vita / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: OS Tip of the Day: MLB The Show Franchise Farm Systems

Tell that to the White Sox lol
Old 04-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

It is indeed true that a farm system can grow to build a dynasty. Its hard to complain but in building my farm system I supplied my team for 15 years and won on average 110 games a year and as many as 125 in one season. I have been shut out of the playoffs at points after winning well over 90 games. I enjoy the drafting and signing in the game and track everyone of my drafted players and they do grow into bonefide all stars. I did notice tho that that they dont become MLB ready till later in age and dont see the career stats. Overall I have the most fun building a team through draft and trades. I also have not run into a problem maintaining my budget, if anyone was worried..just have to be responsible and pay attention to contracts and money room.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

The term farm system taken too literally.

Remember to Always Build Your Farm System

No matter who you are, a strong farm system is the most important part of any club's success. Keep an eye out on your prospects and see how much they progress. These youngsters, coupled with some of your solid veterans, can make the difference in a best-of-seven series.

Also, when you have a very dominate player (Ichiro) on a very lousy team (Mariners), go trade hunting. Find those hidden gems in other club's systems. Make out like a bandit and try and grab two or three prospects -- they could be your future.

Balancing your future needs with present realities is what every great businessman does best. If you are to run a great MLB: The Show Franchise you'll learn this balancing act quickly.

Share your own tips on managing your farm system!

Love that field been there twice when I have visited family in Iowa
Old 04-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8
Great strategy in any baseball game that allows for managing farm systems. I will wait until the farm system feature in The Show has matured a bit before I invest the time in it. It sort of looks promising, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »