Home

NL East Team Strategy Guides

This is a discussion on NL East Team Strategy Guides within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NL East Team Strategy Guides

We are releasing comprehensive team-by-team strategy guides this week for MLB '12: The Show. Check out each team in the NL East and their prospects by clicking through the jump.

Read More - NL East Team Strategy Guides
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Well I got my work cut out with the Miami Marlins. I knew going in our farm system was weak. So I like the challenge of finding some A prospects. I am gunning for a WS berth now. If however I fall short I may look to make a bold move with Hanely in my second season. He could bring in a nice assortment of players/prospects and i am not a fan of his lazy work ethic.

It should be interesting to say the least.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
LETS GO METS!!!

Sheamazin's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NL East Team Strategy Guides

Has Harvey and Wheeler list as dominant relievers. Not sure if thats a typo. But these guys could be the Mets #1 and #2 starters in the very near future.
NCAAF: Rutgers Scarlet Knights/Michigan Wolverines
NCAAB: Michigan Wolverines
Old 04-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Rookie

Anthonyg7575's Arena

OVR: 1
Atlanta a 9? (Dynasty?)...... Reigning NL East champs? They haven't won a division title since 2005...
Old 04-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10
Wheeler is being billed as a starter. The METS also have several decent arms in Familia, Mejia, and even Chris Young (for about five starts) in the minors. And in no way is Jose Reyes a 30-30 threat. Maybe 20-50, but he will hit .200 if he was going for 30 home runs. Good read, though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
This is what happens when someone who lives as far away from the eastern seaboard as possible previews the NL East. How could you call a team that choked so bad last year "simply put, World Series contenders"? They need to show potential to make the playoffs before they can be considered to have "dynasty" potential. Couple things on your Phillies preview - first of all the Phillies have won 5 straight divisions. Then, Ryan Howard needs to heal from a disasterous achillies injury before he can be your MVP-type power source. Honorable mention to Chase Utley needing to get healthy for you as well. Cole Hamels had a bad 2009, but where have you been the last 2 years? He had his best pitching season last year, by far, and this year will most likely top that. After joining the Phillies last year, Hunter Pence hit .324 with 11 HR in 207 AB. I think he lived up to his potential pretty well actually. Not trying to start stuff here, just pointing out some things. The Mets/Nats/Marlins previews are spot on I think.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

When did Wheeler and Harvey become relievers lol. If anything, Mejia and Familia are destined for the bullpen, one has a serious injury history and the other has bad control and only two pitches.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

If you look at it from a GAME perspective (which is what these strategy guides are meant to give advice on) then some of the statements make more sense. I mean I for one don't see myself as the GM of the REAL Atlanta Braves or nationals or whoever.

Braves are a world series contender ingame. Plain and simple. Their roster is stacked from top to bottom with good-great players. Only glaring weakness in the starting lineup is pastronicky but even he does pretty well.

Considering everyone in the starting lineup has the potential for 20+ homeruns in-game (minus 2 plus pitcher) I would say that has world series contender all over it. Combine that with a very good / deep pitching staff and one of the best setup/closer duos in the game and I'm not one to complain.

Remember people, its a game not real life. Don't treat articles like this like they are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »