Home

Tweaking the Gameplay of NCAA Football 13 (IGN)

This is a discussion on Tweaking the Gameplay of NCAA Football 13 (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Tweaking the Gameplay of NCAA Football 13 (IGN)

The crew over at IGN do a nice job of clumping yesterday's information into a short, quick article. They also made a pretty sweet graphic to get all the info out, too.

Quote:
It's always easy to write off an annual sports game by saying -- "It's just the same thing as last year." As always, EA is looking to keep you from uttering that; this time with NCAA Football 13. You already know about what developer Tiburon is bringing to make the game feel more like college football, but now it's time to talk about what NCAA 13 is doing to play more like college football.

Read More - Tweaking the Gameplay of NCAA Football 13 (IGN)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
I am an offline Dynasty player. After the second patch I just quit playing due to gameplay frustrations. The two features i care about the most were Coaching Carousel and Custom Playbooks; both which directly relate to Dynasty. Since I quit the game so early I never got a chance to dive into Dynasty Mode and thus play around with those two features.

A question to anyone and everyone: How effective was Coaching Carousel and Custom Playbooks after all of the tune-ups and patches? Also, did they ever fix the rosters where 20 years into your Dyansty there were not 8 qb's on the roster and one position playing another position (qb's playing mlb)? In general, was Dynasty Mode playable after all of the patches and tune-ups? I read on this site how both of those features were flawed but did not know if they were fixed post-patch. Everyone's opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
No everything was still so screwed up by the end. They never did fix the tendency bug.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: Tweaking the Gameplay of NCAA Football 13 (IGN)

I'm encouraged to see a lot of the right things have been addressed. I think we will still need to see proof that it works in July before we buy back into this.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tweaking the Gameplay of NCAA Football 13 (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
I am an offline Dynasty player. After the second patch I just quit playing due to gameplay frustrations. The two features i care about the most were Coaching Carousel and Custom Playbooks; both which directly relate to Dynasty. Since I quit the game so early I never got a chance to dive into Dynasty Mode and thus play around with those two features.

A question to anyone and everyone: How effective was Coaching Carousel and Custom Playbooks after all of the tune-ups and patches? Also, did they ever fix the rosters where 20 years into your Dyansty there were not 8 qb's on the roster and one position playing another position (qb's playing mlb)? In general, was Dynasty Mode playable after all of the patches and tune-ups? I read on this site how both of those features were flawed but did not know if they were fixed post-patch. Everyone's opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
i didn't deal with custom playbooks too much.

but coaching carousel was something i looked fwd to. like really fwd to. it's an absolute great idea in theory. but it didn't translate. basically if you were a good coord you could get a head job anywhere if you waited for that job to open (and it was too easy to get your dream job/alma mater). but if you took a head coach job and wanted to move to another prestigious head coach job it was damn near impossible. look at real life. Meyer went from UF to Ohio state. that would never happen in the game unless you were 6 star at UF and OSU dropped to like a two star.

also i hated the respnses i got from people here who said "well your prestige was too high no one thought they could get you."

which didn't stop a 1 star FAU from offering me their OC job every season!

it made no sense. the logic for offers were way off even after patches imo. i hope they tweak the heck out of this. as coaching carousel has the potential to be one of my favorite features but they didn't get it right and it made me stop playing early and i'm pretty pro EA. i play this game almost year round in the past and i love offline dynasty and to job hop. but b/c of CC, i think i had my fill by october and i bought madden. i usually don't even think about buying madden until xmas time.
Chicago White Sox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
I really do appreciate the outward appearance that Tiburon and EAS are 'trying'. Increasing the size of the development team and the financial commitment that means to the series is meaningful to this guy at least.

I do enjoy watching and reading about various tangible improvements to on field gameplay elements as well, especially after the first batch of promoted information about NCAA 13 was graphical, stadium and cheerleader stuff. Let's say I'm a bit more relieved to hear about gameplay improvements.

What I still don't see addressed yet that [IMHO] is an extremely serious issue to the NCAA franchise is a commitment to quality. For NCAA 12 to have been released in the state it was is a slap in the face to my commitment [and any and all other's commitment] to support this franchise with my [/our] hard earned bucks.

How about a verbal commitment to releasing a not only on time but quality product that won't be in need of update(s) in order just to play on the box advertised features on release day.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg
I really do appreciate the outward appearance that Tiburon and EAS are 'trying'. Increasing the size of the development team and the financial commitment that means to the series is meaningful to this guy at least.

I do enjoy watching and reading about various tangible improvements to on field gameplay elements as well, especially after the first batch of promoted information about NCAA 13 was graphical, stadium and cheerleader stuff. Let's say I'm a bit more relieved to hear about gameplay improvements.

What I still don't see addressed yet that [IMHO] is an extremely serious issue to the NCAA franchise is a commitment to quality. For NCAA 12 to have been released in the state it was is a slap in the face to my commitment [and any and all other's commitment] to support this franchise with my [/our] hard earned bucks.

How about a verbal commitment to releasing a not only on time but quality product that won't be in need of update(s) in order just to play on the box advertised features on release day.
Flawless game out of the box...let's see...nope...nope...definitely not going to happen. Most games, with respect to this generation console will have bugs, and glitches. Especially being that, EA is working on an old code, the more language they add, additional problems surface somewhere else. In the webcast Tuesday, Ben specifically addressed this issue. Furthermore, during both of the replays for punt coverage, there was an old glitch of the goal pylon streaking downfield that Ben addressed they had issues with years earlier. The only way to get things moving in the "true" right direction, is to wait, unfortunately, until the next generation consoles emerge and EA takes the time and "FULL" commitment to build a game from scratch, a top to bottom overhaul...EVERYWHERE...STAFF INCLUDED...
Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Communication between the devs and the consumer has been an epic failure up to this point. I imagine it continues down the same path.

The lack of explanation and support post release is a huge problem. I'm waiting a while on this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »