Home

NL East Team Strategy Guides

This is a discussion on NL East Team Strategy Guides within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
"Hunter Pence – Pence is another bat that needs to produce. After being acquired last season, he hasn’t lived up to what he was supposed to be: a .300 hitter early in the lineup."

Last I checked, Hunter Pence hit .324 with Phils last year and is hitting .333 so far this year.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
I'm not so sure about the assessment of the Phillies here. As Sleve said before me, Pence hit .300+ post acquisition last year, so I'm not sure where that comment came from. Our pitching is going to be good for the next 3-4 years for sure.

We have an adequate farm system when you considered Dom Brown, May, Greene, and Biddle. Pence and Victorino are still playing at a very high level, and Rollins is no slouch. We may struggle to produce runs, but we definitely have the pitching necessary to make another division championship run.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6
I'm sorry but these are horrible "strategy guides".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5
Who is Jayson Bay? Wheeler and Harvey are SP not Relievers... The best direction to take the organization is forward? Ok.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
When I used the Marlins, I signed Oswalt, Damon, Derek Lee, Varitek, and the 4 best relievers available. Then I benched Logan Morrison and Gaby Sanchez. Finally, I traded John Buck for A.J. Pierzynski. When all was said and done, I had the 4th best hitting, best pitching, second best defense, and second best overall tram in baseball. Then I crushed the Cards 8-2. My only regret was not trying to trade Stanton for Jose Bautista before I ran out of money for players.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by smearz
This is what happens when someone who lives as far away from the eastern seaboard as possible previews the NL East. How could you call a team that choked so bad last year "simply put, World Series contenders"? They need to show potential to make the playoffs before they can be considered to have "dynasty" potential. Couple things on your Phillies preview - first of all the Phillies have won 5 straight divisions. Then, Ryan Howard needs to heal from a disasterous achillies injury before he can be your MVP-type power source. Honorable mention to Chase Utley needing to get healthy for you as well. Cole Hamels had a bad 2009, but where have you been the last 2 years? He had his best pitching season last year, by far, and this year will most likely top that. After joining the Phillies last year, Hunter Pence hit .324 with 11 HR in 207 AB. I think he lived up to his potential pretty well actually. Not trying to start stuff here, just pointing out some things. The Mets/Nats/Marlins previews are spot on I think.
What does the Braves choking last year have to do with this season?

Face it, the Phillies have sold their farm system and now they are getting old fast. Their lineup is no where near as scary as it was even last year, much less a couple years ago.

As for the Braves, Freeman was a rookie last year, Heyward is still 22 years old, they will have Bourn for a full season, one of the best bullpens in baseball, and a great young pitching staff. There is no reason to think they won't improve on their record from last year. I can't say the same about the Phillies.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #15
Rookie

BallerSoup's Arena

OVR: 0
You guys are aware these strategy guildes are for the video game and not real life right?

Jose Reyes may not be a 30-30 guy in real life but he can in a video game.

Braves arent WS Contender in real life but can be in a video game. Braves are loaded with talent and have all the makings of a Dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NL East Team Strategy Guides

i would like to see someone hit 30 homers with reyes in a video game, without cheating with sliders..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »