Home

Tweaking the Gameplay of NCAA Football 13 (IGN)

This is a discussion on Tweaking the Gameplay of NCAA Football 13 (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tweaking the Gameplay of NCAA Football 13 (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
I am an offline Dynasty player. After the second patch I just quit playing due to gameplay frustrations. The two features i care about the most were Coaching Carousel and Custom Playbooks; both which directly relate to Dynasty. Since I quit the game so early I never got a chance to dive into Dynasty Mode and thus play around with those two features.

A question to anyone and everyone: How effective was Coaching Carousel and Custom Playbooks after all of the tune-ups and patches? Also, did they ever fix the rosters where 20 years into your Dyansty there were not 8 qb's on the roster and one position playing another position (qb's playing mlb)? In general, was Dynasty Mode playable after all of the patches and tune-ups? I read on this site how both of those features were flawed but did not know if they were fixed post-patch. Everyone's opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Just wanted to say that like you, I dropped NCAA 12 b/c of gameplay.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8
Oh good they addressed blind swats and with the new pass trajectories no more super leaping Lb's. I am also intrigued by the WR's looking for the ball. On paper this looks like it could be the best NCAA game in many many many years.

Obviously though games aren't decided on paper so until gameplay videos come out I will reserve judgement but these additions are welcomed and long overdue.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
So can I get my name in the credits for them finally incorporating Read and React AI??? I've been asking for it for years and explaining how it should be done ... now, the only question is what is the AI Logic they used to incorporate it. For example, what triggers the DB to look back for the ball? Is he reading the receiver like he should in man coverage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
i didn't deal with custom playbooks too much.

but coaching carousel was something i looked fwd to. like really fwd to. it's an absolute great idea in theory. but it didn't translate. basically if you were a good coord you could get a head job anywhere if you waited for that job to open (and it was too easy to get your dream job/alma mater). but if you took a head coach job and wanted to move to another prestigious head coach job it was damn near impossible. look at real life. Meyer went from UF to Ohio state. that would never happen in the game unless you were 6 star at UF and OSU dropped to like a two star.

also i hated the respnses i got from people here who said "well your prestige was too high no one thought they could get you."

which didn't stop a 1 star FAU from offering me their OC job every season!

it made no sense. the logic for offers were way off even after patches imo. i hope they tweak the heck out of this. as coaching carousel has the potential to be one of my favorite features but they didn't get it right and it made me stop playing early and i'm pretty pro EA. i play this game almost year round in the past and i love offline dynasty and to job hop. but b/c of CC, i think i had my fill by october and i bought madden. i usually don't even think about buying madden until xmas time.
Thanks for the response. Now I won't bother getting the game again. I was hoping that all of the updates and patches would have fixed those problems but to no avail. I guess I will stick to playing NCAA 06 (still the greatest football game I have ever played). It is really sad how in order for me to get any enjoyment out of a football game I have to play one that is 7 years old. Think about that for a second.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #13
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Now I won't bother getting the game again. I was hoping that all of the updates and patches would have fixed those problems but to no avail. I guess I will stick to playing NCAA 06 (still the greatest football game I have ever played). It is really sad how in order for me to get any enjoyment out of a football game I have to play one that is 7 years old. Think about that for a second.
Wow, one poor opinion and you jump ship. And that opinion was just that he didn't like it because he couldn't jump from a big school to another big school.

Well, here's another opinion on the matter: I thought CC worked well enough last year. Since it was the first year they've ever done something like that, bugs were expected, at least by people like myself who don't expect perfection after one attempt at something so grandiose. I moved from OC at Army to an OC at K-State, then a HC spot at SMU, then to my "dream job" at Kansas, where I stayed for 10 years. It worked well enough for me.

At least give it a rent to see if they've fixed the issues you never confronted first hand. But, I'm assuming you probably just wanted any excuse to not buy the game this year, and that's fine, but the CC wasn't 100% horrible. I'd give it a B or B-. Quite good for a first year try, imo. I thought NCAA 12, despite a few flaws, was the best NCAA games in the past few years. The tendency bug didn't bother me at all, and I finished 15 years in CC and 8 years of coaching one team without CC on.

Last edited by BA2929; 04-19-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Wow, one poor opinion and you jump ship. And that opinion was just that he didn't like it because he couldn't jump from a big school to another big school.

Well, here's another opinion on the matter: I thought CC worked well enough last year. Since it was the first year they've ever done something like that, bugs were expected, at least by people like myself who don't expect perfection after one attempt at something so grandiose. I moved from OC at Army to an OC at K-State, then a HC spot at SMU, then to my "dream job" at Kansas, where I stayed for 10 years. It worked well enough for me.

At least give it a rent to see if they've fixed the issues you never confronted first hand. But, I'm assuming you probably just wanted any excuse to not buy the game this year, and that's fine, but the CC wasn't 100% horrible. I'd give it a B or B-. Quite good for a first year try, imo. I thought NCAA 12, despite a few flaws, was the best NCAA games in the past few years. The tendency bug didn't bother me at all, and I finished 15 years in CC and 8 years of coaching one team without CC on.
Good points. I need to give it a try before I judge it. Regarding the tendency issue, did you check other team rosters several years in your dyansty because you are the only one I have heard not complain about this issue? Also, did you fool with custom playbooks any? Are they fixed? Thanks.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Good points. I need to give it a try before I judge it. Regarding the tendency issue, did you check other team rosters several years in your dyansty because you are the only one I have heard not complain about this issue? Also, did you fool with custom playbooks any? Are they fixed? Thanks.
I have really enjoyed CC for one. My dream job was UF and I played multple online dynasties where I had to wait the first four years to even be considered and a few others where I had to wait 15 years to be considered, due to coaching success of Muschamp at UF. One of those I just signed on as a coordinator to get to the school.
But I never saw the roster issue you speak of with 8 QBs on a roster and some playing LB. If anything I saw teams with 6 to 7 HBs, but they were still at least two deep at most positions. And I never saw a team with less than 6 scholarship quality LBs. I also saw 12 WRs on a team but same as earlier. So I guess what I am getting at is that is that there was at most a tendency to load up at the skill positions (but part of that is due to the recruiting database) but I wouldn't say it affected the build or depth of the roster so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

For those still saying player tendencies are still broke in NCAA 12, I'm in year 3 of my OD and I've gotten recruits playing now and their tendencies are correct. For example my QB has 86 speed and is a scrambler and that's exactly what it says on the screen. Also, I have a RB who is incredibly highly rated in POWER department and it says POWER RB in the screen.

So IMO it's fixed, unless you guys are talking about something else I'm not understanding here..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »