Home

Top Five Farm Systems in MLB 12: The Show: #2 Seattle Mariners

This is a discussion on Top Five Farm Systems in MLB 12: The Show: #2 Seattle Mariners within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top Five Farm Systems in MLB 12: The Show: #2 Seattle Mariners

2. Seattle Mariners

The Mariners are a team which have been in perennial rebuilding mode since topping out at an impressive 116 win season last decade. But in the coming years, the Mariners are going to have a whale of a prospect class on the rise.

The Mariners farm system is undoubtedly lead by Jesus Montero, a power hitting catcher who could see action in 2012 behind the plate. Other top prospects include right handed pitcher Taijuan Walker, left hander Danny Hultzen, and southpaw James Paxton.

The Mariners farm system strength is their pitching depth without a doubt. Competing with Texas and Anaheim might have to wait a year or two, but Seattle will definitely be near the top of the AL West Standings soon enough.
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Top Five Farm Systems in MLB 12: The Show: #2 Seattle Mariners

Wha?!?!?!? Run will get a kick out of this, we were super conservative
Old 04-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time getting promoted from the Jackson Generals in RttS...
Old 04-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
3 type "A" pitchers makes for a #2 farm system????
Old 04-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
Pro

Doran's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm beginning to think the Blue Jays didn't make the Top 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

The Mariners have more than 3 type A pitchers. Nick Franklin may be a very good shortstop. I just looked through their roster and I think Danny Hultzen and Taijuan Walker should have higher A potentials, since if you sort them all three are bunched up at the same A- rating. I think the Mariners were a victim of being too conservative if you ask me (I think Paxton was a B on the Spring Training set).

I'm guessing that the Blue Jays will be number 1 and for good reason since they have 5 A's... and several note-worthy B's. That would make the Royals a serious omission since even if you disregard Mike Montgomery, John Lamb, and Jake Odorizzi's potentials (I think Odorizzi is the only one an A, with Lamb and Montgomery maybe pushing an A-), they still have Bubba Starling, Wil Myers, and Cheslor Cuthbert.

In any case, I think everyone else did a good job with the ratings for the most part.

Last edited by BatsareBugs; 04-19-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
The Mariners have more than 3 type A pitchers. Nick Franklin may be a very good shortstop. I just looked through their roster and I think Danny Hultzen and Taijuan Walker should have higher A potentials, since if you sort them all three are bunched up at the same A- rating. I think the Mariners were a victim of being too conservative if you ask me (I think Paxton was a B on the Spring Training set).

I'm guessing that the Blue Jays will be number 1 and for good reason since they have 5 A's... and several note-worthy B's. That would make the Royals a serious omission since even if you disregard Mike Montgomery, John Lamb, and Jake Odorizzi's potentials (I think Odorizzi is the only one an A, with Lamb and Montgomery maybe pushing an A-), they still have Bubba Starling, Wil Myers, and Cheslor Cuthbert.

In any case, I think everyone else did a good job with the ratings for the most part.
I beg to differ. After the 3 pitchers. Seattle really doesn't have anyone close to A level prospect status, and I don't think the Blue Jays have any "A" level prospects, at least that is what I remember.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
I beg to differ. After the 3 pitchers. Seattle really doesn't have anyone close to A level prospect status, and I don't think the Blue Jays have any "A" level prospects, at least that is what I remember.
Blue Jays have Travis D'Arnaud, Jake Marisnick, and Anthony Gose. You can make a case for Daniel Norris and Adeiny Hechevaria (I just completely butchered his name).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »