Home

Top Five Farm Systems in MLB 12: The Show: #2 Seattle Mariners

This is a discussion on Top Five Farm Systems in MLB 12: The Show: #2 Seattle Mariners within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doran
I'm beginning to think the Blue Jays didn't make the Top 5.
Blue Jays have ridiculous pitching depth, decent pitching talent in double-A, more than a few very intriguing pitching prospects in single-A, envy depth at the catcher position, depth at shortstop, depth in the outfield, and their major league roster is still young

I don't know how you can't rank them #1? although there are the Rays and Yankee farm systems
Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
Blue Jays have Travis D'Arnaud, Jake Marisnick, and Anthony Gose. You can make a case for Daniel Norris and Adeiny Hechevaria (I just completely butchered his name).
All "B"s and "C"s yet a quite a few as potential "A"s. Time will tell
Old 04-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
Pro

Doran's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Top Five Farm Systems in MLB 12: The Show: #2 Seattle Mariners

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
Blue Jays have ridiculous pitching depth, decent pitching talent in double-A, more than a few very intriguing pitching prospects in single-A, envy depth at the catcher position, depth at shortstop, depth in the outfield, and their major league roster is still young

I don't know how you can't rank them #1? although there are the Rays and Yankee farm systems
I want them to be, but I've been assuming that the Royals are #1 this entire week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

The Royals have a ridiculous farm system. Even if some of the players' potentials were adjusted and after calling up guys like Hosmer and Moustakas they still have some serious talent.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
Rookie

goblue1523's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
I beg to differ. After the 3 pitchers. Seattle really doesn't have anyone close to A level prospect status, and I don't think the Blue Jays have any "A" level prospects, at least that is what I remember.

Seattle has Nich Franklin a B prospect. Francisco Martinez who is a B prospect. And Carlos Trunifel, Treyvon Robinson, and Carlos Peguero.

I feel Seattle is ranked where they should be. In Toronto, I can only see Travis D'Arnuad.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue1523
Seattle has Nich Franklin a B prospect. Francisco Martinez who is a B prospect. And Carlos Trunifel, Treyvon Robinson, and Carlos Peguero.

I feel Seattle is ranked where they should be. In Toronto, I can only see Travis D'Arnuad.
Peguero is not a legit prospect.

Triunfel is only 22, but signs are pointing to him losing his legitimacy as a prospect. It hasn't happened yet, but he seems to be progressing very slowly. He currently has a .259 average with a homer and five RBI's in 54 at-bats for Tacoma (AAA). His success at Jackson (AA) didn't get me too me excited, either. I hope he finds a way to turn it around, because M's fans have been excited about him for a long time. I'm not writing him off yet, but he has to have a big year.

Trayvon Robinson has all the tools to be good, but strikes out way too much. His line at Tacoma is about the same as Triunfel's. He's young and could still get it going. Time will tell.

I'd agree that the M's don't have a legit A potential bat in their system... But there are some solid bats in the system. Franklin, Martinez, Catricala, Brad Miller, Jack Marder, and a few others.

The three elite pitching prospects speak for themselves. Don't forget about Carter Capps and Stephen Pryor... Both throw absolute gas and Capps could be up with the big club sooner rather than later.

All this leads me to believe, as an M's fan, that a #2 ranking is too high. I think #5 or #6 is fair. It's pitching heavy, which is great, but more bats are needed.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #15
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Walker is one of the top five pitchers in the entire Seattle organization, according to Knight''s roster. Couple that with his A potential, he could become one of the more dangerous pitchers in The Show.

In my franchise I traded Paxton and Smoak for d'Arnaud, then moved Montero to first.Felt like Smoak evened it on a video game basis, but doubtful Toronto would give up "Piazza with defense" for anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue1523

Sorry, but there is absolutely no way Seattle has the #2 system in the majors. There are the Rays, Royals, Cardinals, Braves before I look at Seattle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »