Home

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

The most important question no one has asked: is the sprint button back? And I'm talking both scrambling and regular running. Also, there needs to be a MUCH bigger difference between running speeds than from last year' game. Last year, we could tune the difference in running speeds to max but linemen would still run really fast, which is not realistic at all. That must be fixed in this game.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #18
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1

Shaun, with the new receiving animations do the receivers aggressively attack the the ball more often? I saw they will high point the ball on the fade, but does this happen on other throws? No more taking steps back while making a catch?
Old 04-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #19
Rookie

michfan16's Arena

OVR: 12
r there still the dumb gameplan options
Old 04-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #20
EA Game Changer

OVR: 3

Hey guys, I'm the guy that did the impressions. I'm answering a bunch as BEST as I can over there and will do some as well here.

I'm about to die of sleep deprivation so I will be back in a few hours...thank God tomm is a Sunday and not a Monday because I would be screwed with work...lol
Old 04-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
If you like RTG you've got some fun stuff coming up, that's all I can say about that.=)
Good to hear. The only thing I care about is Custom Quarter Lengths.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
I care a lot about stamina and fatigue and spent time trying make sure they tune it so players rotate off.
How do you feel the rotations are for RBs? Can I have my 2nd and 3rd RBs in the game consistently without my 1st RB being out for the rest of game?
Old 04-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #23
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
Gameplay sounds great now all I need is a good dynasty review or pod past and this will be a buy for me … thanks for the info
Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 0
The main thing I took from the article was this excerpt referencing player movement.

"The running game plays differently this year because they tuned player movement a bit. Honestly, the way it felt when running trying to find a whole was one of the things I complained about. They tuned it so you can't swerve all over the field (especially the ball carrier), but at low speed I thought it was a bit TOO tuned down."

So hopefully the turntable running is gone and we're back to where we should be. Key word, (hopefully) lol. The reason I say this is because I've heard guys before who were there during development state that the devs had the players planting and turning realistically in the early builds but then in the final product the players are sliding and twitch turning all over the place again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »