Home

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Impressions with Q&A (The Gaming Tailgate)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Impressions with Q&A (The Gaming Tailgate) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Hmmm, it looks like the same old stale kicking game.....
Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Impressions with Q&A (The Gaming Tailgate)

Quote:
Any new throwing animations or attributes for QBs?
Quote:
As showcased in the video, the throwing animations were changed, particularly on the run. Otherwise though, not necessarily a ton done to standing still/pocket throwing animations. As for attributes, unfortunately the new ratings are not in. They are aware that we want to see them added for the future.
That is very disappointing.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
I've yet to hear how expansive the read-and-react defensive AI is being implemented. I see it's been promoted more with Madden, so perhaps the only addition for NCAA is with the way the DB's play now. I don't think very many people realize how revolutionary it would be for a football game to assign keys for defensive players to read and react to (if done correctly).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 01:37 AM   #12
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
I hope the read and react thing is one of those features that the CPU actually has to implement as well. I can just see a game coming where the CPU will be passing to receivers blind and the receivers will still be catching the pass with their backs to the play. As far as the game looks cosmetically, it seems identical to last year's at least up to this point.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:06 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2
dose the FB blk the rigth person on run plays ?
do player ratings seem to matter more for all postions?
dose weight matter with players ex: a lb thats 225lbs drives a rb back thats 180lbs ?
do taller wrs have a little easizer time to catch the ball over cbs that are shorter ?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
I still want equip swag and body types before I could ever trust EA again...2k for life.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Impressions with Q&A (The Gaming Tailgate)

Is there any word on the PC still having psychic playcalling.

That along with line interaction was one of my biggest pet peeves. For those who are not aware, im talking about the cpu tendency to pretty much KNOW exactly what play you are calling and ALWAYS have the best defense available.

For instance, there have been many occasions where i will call a five wide jet sweep, and the AI will call a 4-3 defense against that formation (insanity) because they will know that a run is coming. Whats more is that they usually wont even change their alignment. This forces me to ALWAYS audible to a pass which essentially forces me to cheese the AI and kills much of the games sense of challenge. Then of course the super LBs would still be able to compensate for being mismatched against slot receivers.

With all this talk about play reaction, im not hearing enough about CPU play calling, although it is good to see the auto corner blitz gone from the game. Hopefully that is a sign
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »