Home

Top Five Digital Ballparks: #5 Dodger Stadium

This is a discussion on Top Five Digital Ballparks: #5 Dodger Stadium within the Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
From a digital perspective, my favorite thing about The Show's rendition of Dodger Stadium lies with how they managed to first capture, then refine over the last couple of versions of the game the sunlight progression of summertime 7p starts. There is a very unique (and comforting) ambiance with twilight starts at Chavez Ravine. The way the shadows start to stretch over the third base side of the field, while the hills beyond the center field wall are still brightly illuminated by the setting sun creates this brilliant contrast between the remains of the warm day with the promise of a cooler, and more exciting evening of baseball to come.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #10
Banned

JohnBoy227's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by QB Killa
Dodger Stadium certainly has its place in baseball lore. Too bad it has become overrun with gangs and thugs over the past several years. I would NEVER take my kids there even if I had the opportunity. For me, that alone takes it out of the top 10. Maybe even top 15. A baseball park should not only have the charm, charisma, history, and atmosphere but it should also be a safe place to take your family to and enjoy a game. Just Youtube Dodger stadium fans and you'll get the picture.
Is it even like that for a sunday afternoon game? That's a darn shame u can't even take ur kid to a game.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #11
Rookie

rjackson17's Arena

OVR: 3
My has to be Wrigley Field!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #12
Rookie

SOBAY310's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by QB Killa
Dodger Stadium certainly has its place in baseball lore. Too bad it has become overrun with gangs and thugs over the past several years. I would NEVER take my kids there even if I had the opportunity. For me, that alone takes it out of the top 10. Maybe even top 15. A baseball park should not only have the charm, charisma, history, and atmosphere but it should also be a safe place to take your family to and enjoy a game. Just Youtube Dodger stadium fans and you'll get the picture.
That is absurd. I took my six-year-old daughter to eight games last year. To say it is overrun with gangs is a bit dramatic.

While I love the Dodgers and taking the family to Dodger Stadium, I'd have to say that right now Angel Stadium provides the better overall family experience. I'm not even an Angels fan.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #13
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
I have been to all the MLB stadiums except Dodger, the new Yankee and Miami ballparks. Each one has its own flavor, but so far I would say PNC #1 and Oakland last.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball »