Home

Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden 13 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I just hope they make the QB less accurate. With all the new Passing weapons and the missing Physic DB and 25 more pass trajectories and having more time on the pocket. (clint said at the end of the webcast).

I see this being a scoring fest. with all QB being Drew Brees.
So what you see on Sunday, you will see in Madden. Teams last year put up a lot points. But I'm hoping the AI D does challenge me tho. I don't want to just score at will if I'm playing with a QB with a 68 overall rating. I hope ratings finally count now.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
So what you see on Sunday, you will see in Madden. Teams last year put up a lot points. But I'm hoping the AI D does challenge me tho. I don't want to just score at will if I'm playing with a QB with a 68 overall rating. I hope ratings finally count now.
I have no issue with having scorefest games when the teams are teams that would do so in real life but I want to see a variety of games, some games being 45-41, others being 28-20 and the occasional 13-7 game. You know, like the real NFL.

If every game is the same, regardless if it's a score fest or a low scoring game, then the game becomes very stale.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
I asked about this as far as awarness and how it would affect the better CB's from jumping routes (as they do in RL) and really didn't get an answer. TBH it sounds like the dubbed down the Defensive A.I. universally. I hope it isn't the case, but well have to wait and see.
Man I hope that ain't the case. Because if they did then what is the use of having a D then. I don't want to put up 80 points a game agaist the AI and 19-0 and to the SB every year. I want the AI to challenge me atleast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I have no issue with having scorefest games when the teams are teams that would do so in real life but I want to see a variety of games, some games being 45-41, others being 28-20 and the occasional 13-7 game. You know, like the real NFL.

If every game is the same, regardless if it's a score fest or a low scoring game, then the game becomes very stale.
I agree. But I also want the AI D to challenge me aswell. I don't a QB with a overall 68 putting up hugh points every game and burning the D every play aswell. There needs to be a balance between Offense and Defense gameplay.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I agree. But I also want the AI D to challenge me aswell. I don't a QB with a overall 68 putting up hugh points every game and burning the D every play aswell. There needs to be a balance between Offense and Defense gameplay.
Yeah the only time you should be putting up 45 points is when you're Brees or someone like him, not when you're some scrub QB like the Ravens QB or someone...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
EVERY BODY WELCOME TO THE HYPE TRAIN........ENJOY THE 5 month ride i like what I'm seeing tho but.I said dat last year so I skipped last year but I might buy it tho
Old 04-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

RedZoneD25: "Very little warping in the build I played and the field seemed a lot more "open". Pretty impressive for early build."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

No combo pass blocking = leaning on not purchasing. Need to see how the slide protection works. If it is still mehh, then I'm probably going to pass on this game, which would suck because this is it for Ray Lewis. I need at least half and qtr slide pass blocking that actually is implemented well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »