Home

Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 13 Gameplay Impressions

Great job Steve.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #18
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Glad the controls will be the same in both games. The features are matching up, too, so any chance that Madden will get the Player-Lock option for defense this year?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #19
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i loved what i say from the DB's in this madden vid, but i am brought back to reality by the fact THE GAME WAS ON PRO AND IN PRACTICE MODE...

ea has the opportunity to really make franchise play matter if they tie read and react, the icons fading and popping up to a specific rating like awareness or some kind of player vision.

it immediately makes the draft and FA relevant again.

i just dont think they have that type of vision.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 04-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
No combo pass blocking = leaning on not purchasing. Need to see how the slide protection works. If it is still mehh, then I'm probably going to pass on this game, which would suck because this is it for Ray Lewis. I need at least half and qtr slide pass blocking that actually is implemented well.
With no improvement to the line interaction and no changes to the ridiculous left stick cutting/zig zagging, none of this really is all that impressive. I mean, it SOUNDS good, but it always sounds good. Sorry to be a negative nancy, but this just doesn't get me excited about purchasing the game. As soon as I read the whole bit on "user catching is more user friendly", I got a little ill. I'm all for user control, but now we are going to make it easier??? It is already too easy for guys to make stupid catches in triple coverage, now we are going to make it easier? It doesn't need to be easier, it needs to be more realistic. A fight for the ball like in real life resulting in incompletions instead of one handed leaping picks, over the shoulder interceptions or leaping catches in quadruple coverage. Like I said a few months ago, business as usual at Tiburon. Great they are adding these things, but why no fixes to the player movement and the line interaction? Put some developers full time on that. The gameplay team was "doubled", right?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #21
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah for me at this point it is about OL/DL interactions, planting and weight to the the player movements, and realistic tackling and a truly functional penalty system with a wide variety of IRL calls.

And that is just the gameplay side.

Presentation? Ok I see they are going to overhaul play by play and color. That is a good thing. A really good thing.

I am going to wait a while for both football titles. No question these are not release day purchases.

I hope I see and hear how amazing these titles are from trusted OS members and staff. Then I can dip my foot in the pool, demo the games and judge for myself.

The hype machine has started....but at this point it's all about show me don't tell me to earn my video game dollars.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 04-25-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
With no improvement to the line interaction and no changes to the ridiculous left stick cutting/zig zagging, none of this really is all that impressive. I mean, it SOUNDS good, but it always sounds good. Sorry to be a negative nancy, but this just doesn't get me excited about purchasing the game. As soon as I read the whole bit on "user catching is more user friendly", I got a little ill. I'm all for user control, but now we are going to make it easier??? It is already too easy for guys to make stupid catches in triple coverage, now we are going to make it easier? It doesn't need to be easier, it needs to be more realistic. A fight for the ball like in real life resulting in incompletions instead of one handed leaping picks, over the shoulder interceptions or leaping catches in quadruple coverage. Like I said a few months ago, business as usual at Tiburon. Great they are adding these things, but why no fixes to the player movement and the line interaction? Put some developers full time on that. The gameplay team was "doubled", right?
To be fair, they did mention at the end of the podcast that the will/have been tweaking OL/DL. It is just for me that is not enough. I will wait to see what the slide protection looks like. If that is still messed up and no. DL stunts are revealed in June I am probably not gonna get the game this year.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 4

Animations/control still seems to need A LOT of work, but looks like a lot of other key issues are being resolved...

For me, the control (which stems from the animations) are a must for me to really get excited & most likely truly enjoy the game. But the last time they made this many significant game-play changes (M10) I actually bought & kept a next gen Madden game the entire year. So, after viewing todays installments, I'm not overly-excited but it did sway me original choice to not buy the game to a possible buy now. Good work on everything else other than the control/animations looking a bit bad still thus far.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #24
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Sounds good...can't wait to play it.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »