Home

NBA Baller Beats Press Release and Trailer (Kinect)

This is a discussion on NBA Baller Beats Press Release and Trailer (Kinect) within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA Baller Beats Press Release and Trailer (Kinect)

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

REAL BALL. REAL SKILLS. NBA BALLER BEATS CHANGES
THE GAME. COMING EXCLUSIVELY TO KINECT FOR XBOX 360 THIS FALL

The First Ever Full Body Motion-Based NBA Video Game Lets You Perform Like A Pro Using A Real Ball

Edison, NJ—April 25, 2012 - Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), publisher of the wildly successful Zumba® Fitness video game franchise, today revealed plans to release NBA Baller Beats, a fun, high energy and first-of-its kind participative basketball video game launching this fall exclusively on Kinect™ for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Developed by HB Studios, NBA Baller Beats gets players on their feet mastering mad ball handling skills using a real basketball while playing to the beat of an eclectic soundtrack.

The Kinect motion sensor captures every movement of both player and ball to create an entirely new basketball gaming experience.

“NBA Baller Beats introduces an unprecedented way to experience basketball through a video game like never before,” said Jesse Sutton, Chief Executive Officer of Majesco Entertainment. “Our innovative play mechanic combined with Kinect technology puts the ball in players’ hands, tracking both full-body gameplay and ball movement, so players are going to have to get up and actually play basketball to get in the game. Ballers and fans alike will love this game.”

“We are excited to work with Majesco to provide basketball fans and gamers with a unique experience like NBA Baller Beats,” said Vicky Picca, Senior Vice President, Licensing & Business Affairs, NBA. “Showcasing the energy and dynamic elements of the NBA against the backdrop of a compelling soundtrack will be fun for fans of all ages."

Aspire to perform like a pro in NBA Baller Beats as you train alongside your favorite NBA franchise unlocking songs, difficulty levels, and over 100 posters and trading cards showcasing NBA players’ greatest moves. The music is your guide as you master ball handling skills, dribbling, and baller moves with a real basketball as Kinect technology tracks your every crossover, pump fake, behind-the-back, around-the-world and more! Become the ultimate baller and increase your stamina in single player mode, break it down and practice different skills in Move School mode or show-off in multiplayer mode and go head-to-head against up to 8 players – the highest score wins bragging rights. No matter the level of your skills, players of all abilities will enjoy getting off the couch and raising their game with NBA Baller Beats.

The NBA Baller Beats soundtrack features a mix of music across decades and genres including hip-hop, rock, and old school classics, with tracks from Kanye West, Run DMC, Gorillaz, Them Crooked Vultures, Common, Tiesto and more. Majesco Entertainment will unveil NBA Baller Beats gameplay, as well as additional soundtrack artists and songs, during the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo held in Los Angeles this June before setting out to give fans a try at exclusive basketball camps this summer.

NBA Baller Beats will launch exclusively on Kinect for Xbox 360 this Fall. To watch the teaser trailer and find out more, please visit: http://www.NBABallerBeats.com.
Platform: Xbox 360

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics

Last edited by DustinT; 04-25-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
I mean... or you could go outside and play REAL basketball...
Old 04-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Baller Beats Announcement (Kinect)

I forsee the ball crashing into a lot of people's television sets, breaking them.

I also don't believe that the ball will bounce appropriately on carpet, which a lot of people still have in their living rooms/bedrooms.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Sometimes you just take things too far. LOL. We don't need a real ball in the house gentlemen
Old 04-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Baller Beats Announcement (Kinect)

They basically want you to be Steve Francis on the carpet in the living room?

LOL, come on Son!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Sometimes you just take things too far. LOL. We don't need a real ball in the house gentlemen
Every mom I know is going to hate this game.

BILLY I TOLD YOU NO BOUNCING THE BALL INSIDE THE HOUSE
Old 04-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0
I'll bet Peter Brady won't be playing this game. You know what happened last time he played ball in the house.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
Banned

RockitOldSchool's Arena

OVR: 5
Why are they wasting so much money developing these kinds of games? If I want to play basketball I'm going to pick up a real ball and play. I play video games to relax not pull a muscle or tear an acl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »