Home

Madden NFL 13 Gameplay and Presentation Trailer

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Gameplay and Presentation Trailer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #17
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Presentation Trailer

I really liked what I saw with the exception of one thing. There is still too much sliding going on. I hope they can tune it up a little before August. However, I don't expect anything earth shattering. I think its pretty much a forgone conclusion that this issue will not be totally fixed until next-gen. (if then) So its pretty much live with it, or don't.

What I did like was the new pass trajectories. This is something I hammered home in a piece I did for OS a few months ago. I think this can be a real game changer.

I also really liked the new catch animations. I think they will bring a lot to making the gameplay less repetitive.

I also saw some nice foot planting animations. Maybe not much in this trailer, but in the live broadcast they did. Receivers didn't cut on a dime and neither did the defenders.

I am sure there will still be legacy issues. I know they said they are working on line play. I will pretty much take anything I can get from that. lol

I really think this could be a great year for Madden and NCAA.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
My only thing is that we only get 2 see the commentators during pregame

I would like 2 see them during timeouts, quick shot of them when stat banners pop up just so we know their still there !
Come on bro! Yo know EA is known for having just 2-3 cutscene anyway.Your idea of having them be seen more I do agree with.It wont happen though.Lets just prey they talk about teams around the league.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

I like the improvement they are making in the presentation aspects--they have struggled for so long and I honestly don't understand why. But the game itself looks fairly bad to me and I can't quite put my finger on it. To me the graphics actually look worse in most of shots. The animations and sliding look horrendous.

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. I'm not sure. I'll reserve judgment until say June or July. Haven't purchased Madden since '10 so one of these years it has to be worth it (or not?).
Old 04-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #20
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

I didnt mean what I said 2 be bad just a suggestion

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 04-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #21
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Original post edited with the quote from the link where it mentions live ticker.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 33
Loving the new presentation elements. Still alot of feet sliding around, but I can live with that as long as the game plays good.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:44 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
I like the improvement they are making in the presentation aspects--they have struggled for so long and I honestly don't understand why. But the game itself looks fairly bad to me and I can't quite put my finger on it. To me the graphics actually look worse in most of shots. The animations and sliding look horrendous.

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. I'm not sure. I'll reserve judgment until say June or July. Haven't purchased Madden since '10 so one of these years it has to be worth it (or not?).

Agree 100%

It almost looked worst then last year.. I just don't get it?? As far as some of the new presentation additions which are nice to see, gameplay is just not very good.. It's just plain disappointing if you ask me.. wow..
Old 04-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 13 Gameplay and Presentation Trailer

Still look like they are sliding. I can handle that if everything else works perfectly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »