Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay Preview (XPlay)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay Preview (XPlay) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #17
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay Preview (XPlay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I guess I'm the only one who really loves the way the game is looking, animations and all. Something about both games this year just seems smoother to me.
No you're not. Loving what I've seen so far. Im as harsh and critical as most but can give credit when its due.
Just wish all the 'call me when this or that gets added' people would actually leave until someone called them.
I feel Madden is haded up this year. Does it have everything I want? No. However as long as improvements are being made then carry on.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
why the hell was Alex Smith black? and darren sharper was turned completely around and still broke on that ball EXACTLY when the receiver did. gimme a break. i'm so sick of thinking these guys are gonna figure it out.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #19
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
No you're not. Loving what I've seen so far. Im as harsh and critical as most but can give credit when its due.
Just wish all the 'call me when this or that gets added' people would actually leave until someone called them.
I feel Madden is haded up this year. Does it have everything I want? No. However as long as improvements are being made then carry on.
I think the game just looks smooth this year. I buy NCAA almost no matter what, and Madden about every other year. Maybe its because the game looks so much better in replay (the 3D grass should be added to the field IMO), but I just like the way the players are moving. We'll see. Like DJ said, I'm not going to make a purchase just for the sake of it, and I'll wait until I've seen everything I need to see.

From everything I've seen and heard, it would appear that EA is making a concerted effort, which is all I can ask for at this point.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #20
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 13 Gameplay Preview from Xplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Well, fundamentally sound players who see the ball (or the players/coaches on the sideline) normally yell "Run!" or "Pass!" on every play. Once that word is yelled defensive players normally start looking for the ball.

Lets all use our imagination and consider someone on the field is yelling those key words.
I like how Backbreaker did this. When I'm on defense it really helps.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #21
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
exactly, as long as its moving in a positive direction i dont careif its an old feature. it seems like EA is finally getting the big picture to what people want. It may not make everyone happy and they might not be able to give us everything we ask for, but I think theyve touched on alot of things people complained about last year.

The biggest complaints I remember from last year were

1. commentary - looks like they've gone way above expectations so far

2. presentation - looks better than anybody imagined they would do

3. no pre game or halftime show- pregame in, halftime yet to be seen but something is supposed to be there.

4. no weekly sportscenter - not sure about this,no mention of it so im assuming a no go

5. ball trajectories - check, they added 20 different kinds

6. super jumping linebackers - fixed

7. better OL/DL interaction - not sure, doesnt look much better but im sure well see at least some minor improvements

8. Better Defensive AI - check

9. WR Catch animations - check

10. Realistic defensive schemes - they added some different formation packages but obviously this wont be to the standard of people who really have played and understand complicated football playbooks.

11. QB animations - check

12. Field texture/color/grass - improved

13. No online franchise worth playing - probably not, but well see.

14. No true "physics engine" - nobody knows but there are definitly some smoother more realistic animations that may have some form of physics to them, time will tell.

15. Ice Skating - Unfortunatly looks like its still there, but does look like it wont happen as much.

Just about everything people complained about they have touched on. Some got BIG touches of improvement, and some will only get minor improvements. Look at how much they've improved in just 1 year and we've only seen the first 2 playbooks!

When i found out in 2005 that 2K couldnt make anymore NFL football games I was devestated knowing that was my favorite sports game of all time. I've had a burning hatred for EA ever since the Ps3 version came out. But Give credit where its due. They are obviously putting alot of heart into this years Madden and it shows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #22
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmen56
Still looks to robotic.. sheezz it will never truely change.. They just can't get it right. Also something about the players bodies that just doesn't look right?? Almost like they all have short legs or certain players are to bulky? Idk, it's weird..
They must not be able to change this. Same with the quick turns. You can see it on the 32 minute mark of the podcast. The Bengals kick returner does that quick 1/4 circle turn back and forth with no foot planting. After 5 years of people asking to change this aspect, they simply must not be able to do it. It would be nice to hear from a dev "we literally cant change these things till we rebuild the whole game." That would satisfy me and others that hold our breath every year for these changes

Last edited by crenk; 04-26-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #23
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigho
Hahaha. That is some funny szhit!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »