Home

NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Online

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Online within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #9
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
This game seems to have some promise to it but EA sports does seem to over-hype everything. I want another good basketball game but they have failed to live up to their promises in many of their past sports titles. (outside of FIFA)
Old 04-27-2012, 04:09 AM   #10
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
they are focusing on gameplay presentation and online. what else is left???? sounds like what every sports game maker is focusing on, or should be at least.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #11
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Full ESPN Branding will probably be awesome, but I'm skeptical on the Gameplay front.
same here my friend
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #12
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Onl

I have some built up animosity towards this game due to that publicity stunt they did for the Advisory Council. I'm going to put that aside and attempt to not sound like I'm just an EA basher.

Never cast stones if you live in a glass house. This team shouldn't even mention 2k13 at this time -- they should be letting their game (gameplay trailers) do the talking. I find it funny that they mentioned 2k's deny ball "issue". If you make 'sensible' basketball passes, they don't happen as much. If your a casual player trying cross court passes, your in for a long night. Thats realistic passing. I bring that up because they must have forgot the band aid Live 10 had for those who drove to the paint constantly -- that lose the ball BS.

Basically, don't bring up another's mistakes if you're not perfect. Last time I checked, 2k has been releasing games with no break in service. Live has never kept 2k from releasing since they became a serious contender.

With all that said -- gameplay, presentation, online -- yup, thats what every sports game concerns themselves with. I didn't really get anything from this article but probably the forewarning that the hype train is coming.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #13
Rookie

nVschultz1325's Arena

OVR: 2
Any word If they are adding an EASHL type feature? I think that would be amazing
Old 04-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Onl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
I have some built up animosity towards this game due to that publicity stunt they did for the Advisory Council. I'm going to put that aside and attempt to not sound like I'm just an EA basher.

Never cast stones if you live in a glass house. This team shouldn't even mention 2k13 at this time -- they should be letting their game (gameplay trailers) do the talking. I find it funny that they mentioned 2k's deny ball "issue". If you make 'sensible' basketball passes, they don't happen as much. If your a casual player trying cross court passes, your in for a long night. Thats realistic passing. I bring that up because they must have forgot the band aid Live 10 had for those who drove to the paint constantly -- that lose the ball BS.

Basically, don't bring up another's mistakes if you're not perfect. Last time I checked, 2k has been releasing games with no break in service. Live has never kept 2k from releasing since they became a serious contender.

With all that said -- gameplay, presentation, online -- yup, thats what every sports game concerns themselves with. I didn't really get anything from this article but probably the forewarning that the hype train is coming.
So you are basically saying 2k13 passing system is "realistic" ?

Lmao
Old 04-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 35
The words "Van Gundy" are enough to make me ignore this game. He's the worst.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #16
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
So you are basically saying 2k13 passing system is "realistic" ?

Lmao
One, 2k13 hasn't came out yet. Two, he was obviously talking about 2k12, and how EA was talking about 2k12 when they had problems of their own.

Now, most of the turnovers can, in fact, be mitigated by not throwing lazy passes. IE Cross Court passes or passing in traffic with those that have bad passing ratings. Really, you can fire up 2k12 right now, throw in traffic to a cutter with Rondo, Nash, or Jason Kidd and the pass will make it thier 90% of the time if you lead pass in the proper direction. It's easier to lead pass if you use the icons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »