Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Replay Footage and Packers vs. Bears Pre-Game (Pastapadre)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Replay Footage and Packers vs. Bears Pre-Game (Pastapadre) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #129
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknmild
it goes both ways.
Disregard my last post
Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #130
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

OVR: 0
As happens EVERY year, the EA fanboys see 3 minutes of carefully selected game footage and proclaim this to be the greatest game ever and jump all over anyone who proclaims otherwise....
Old 04-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #131
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Replay Footage and Packers vs. Bears Pre-Game (Pastapadre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
As happens EVERY year, the EA fanboys see 3 minutes of carefully selected game footage and proclaim this to be the greatest game ever and jump all over anyone who proclaims otherwise....
You won't last too long around here calling people fan boys. Just sayin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #132
Banned

Goodydog's Arena

OVR: 1
Want to send a shot out (shout-out) to PGait & Taz for trying to set the record straight...
Eyes are finally opening.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 2
Madden sucks!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #134
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Replay Footage and Packers vs. Bears Pre-Game (Pastapadre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
Madden is almost like a religion
Old 04-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #135
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
This is exactly the post I was going to write. Thanks PG, you saved me the trouble of finding the right words. I'm what you would consider an "old timer". I started playing Madden in 1988, you know, probably around the time most of you were born. There was an incarnation of Madden on the computer before the Genesis version. I've played damn near every football game ever made. I had them all. This Madden LOOKS good, but nothing is REALLY popping out at me. It's the same MO, which is the frustration you are seeing from people in this thread. These improvements, if they work as advertised, are all great. However, basic player movement, warping, leaping, and ridiculous acts that defy every law of physics is what destroys this game. Basic line interaction which is done so perfectly in other older games destroys this game. Nothing tells me the players are actually alive. They are robots. I'm willing to bet that the same issue plaguing all of the other Madden's will be there as well - when the ball is about to leave the QB's hand, all 11 defenders will stop on a dime and begin to move towards the ball. EA sees dollar signs, but they can't see the forest through the trees. The videos they are showing do not look much different than the videos I saw for M11 and M12. It always looks impressive showing the high resolution replays and those finer details, but when you are actually playing the game, it doesn't look like that. No one has ever questioned how Madden looks. It looks AMAZING - the art team has done a tremendous job. It's when you start actually playing it where it all goes awry. As of right now, I'm passing on this game. People can label me what they want, but I'm not 12 so I don't subscribe to that ridiculous "*****" terminology. I'm a realist. I have no angst towards EA, I could care less about the company. I care about the football. The challenge system, penalties, player movement and cutting without momentum, warping/teleporting, terrible OL/DL interaction, no real pocket, etc. etc. are all still going to be left on the table and I'll be told to wait until "next year". Tiburon has their work cut out for them to keep their classic customer base. Maybe they don't care too, since younger kids today will be buying this game and think it's amazing. They can play as their favorite team and score 50 points on the Ravens defense. It will be exciting to watch catches in triple coverage, Patrick Willis cover Calvin Johnson step for step and have Adrian Peterson plow through an entire defense 4 times a game while zig zagging through defenders on his way to the end zone.

Oh well, there's always next gen.
talk about zig zag down field I remember when i was teen myself playing a game called tecmo bowl ,you older guys have to remember bo jackson. I tend to agree with what you say but at the same time i had alot of fun in my days with tecmo, lol and now you couldnt pay me to play it, but that was the game back then though and i loved it..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #136
Banned

Choteron's Arena

Read an vote in this blog about Madden 13 for PC

operationsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549481

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »