Home

Madden NFL 13 Video First Look Interview - Parts 1 & 2

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video First Look Interview - Parts 1 & 2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #17
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video First Look Interview - Parts 1 & 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Nope, don't think so. EA most likely would have spoken on that if that was back in the game. I see it coming next gen.
I know they used to toss the flags back in Madden '99 on PC and those wonderful ambulance days were awesome as well.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

i wonder what get your game face on is i saw that in the main menu the other day during the presentation video.. and i hope they make the penalties and challenges happen more like in every game on sunday.. i hate when i say fumble the ball and somehow when i challenge instead of challenging the fumble it does ball spot.. and i wanna see more penalties on both sides of the ball!! but REALLY hopin Get your Game Face on is what i think it is like in PGA Tour 10 would be cool if u could import your face
NFL: Indianapolis Colts
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NCAA: Auburn Tigers
Old 04-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

OVR: 0
Visually the game looks 1000x better than Madden 12. It felt like everything was too dark in Madden 12 from the uniform colors to the stadiums, even the menus were just dark and drab. The new lighting looks great. One thing I am curious about is whether the empty stadium bugs were fixed. Nothing that was more irritating than playing an AFC Championship game that was raining and there were 15 people in the stands.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
The question thats starting to form in my head is this. Will this new commentator team follow your progress through franchise mode, or is this just specifically tailored to some type of career mode? I'm starting to lean towards the latter.
I'm actually thinking franchise mode as we know it is gone and I'm kinda nervous about it.I liked having complete control and playing a Jerry Jone type role lol
Old 04-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #21
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
I'm actually thinking franchise mode as we know it is gone and I'm kinda nervous about it.I liked having complete control and playing a Jerry Jone type role lol
I agree with you on this one, this new connected careers mode scares me. I see one of two things happening, A) Franchise as we know it is gone and this is going to be the replacement for it, B) this is another new gimmick mode and we will get the same boring franchise from the previous 6 years with some new menus. I hope connected careers is a ground breaking new franchise mode with complete control over everything but I have been promised too much in video games to get my hopes up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #22
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

As much as I'm getting a bit excited for Madden 13.. if they haven't touched online franchise, I'll be greatly disappointed.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
This thought crossed my mind as well but then I remembered that upgrading franchise mode was made such a big deal last year. Couple that with the fact they have stated many times, this new team is allegedly committed to ending that practice of removing things, instead of building on them every year.

Considering that, I strongly expect connected career modes to encompass the franchise mode as we know it, with more options.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #24
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This thought crossed my mind as well but then I remembered that upgrading franchise mode was made such a big deal last year. Couple that with the fact they have stated many times, this new team is allegedly committed to ending that practice of removing things, instead of building on them every year.

Considering that, I strongly expect connected career modes to encompass the franchise mode as we know it, with more options.
I hope your right I just hate the idea of having to play franchise mode only from the prospective of a coach (who really don't last long in the modern NFL) or player (Hated superstar mode) I'd much rather they left the role undefined or hopefully the have the foresight to leave an option similar to past years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »