Home

Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (DualShockers)
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Dualshockers Madden 13 Interview with Clint Oldenberg and Mike Young

Thanks, JP.

I'm really digging the addition of Clint Oldenburg to EA. I've noticed on the released video material I don't see OL standing around twiddling their thumbs and wondering what they should do next like I have in previous versions and this reporter also caught that and asked Clint about it.

He said he's trying to fine tune the line as much as he can and said it should be better than 12.

Isn't this the type of person we want going forward for line play and game play development? He rated all the OL as well.

I think the OL/perhaps DL is in good hands going forward and can't wait till they overhaul it and tweak it.

Clint, next project, nest year, OL assignments and double-team pass blocking, please, but I like what you are doing currently.

I recall Mike Young from his podcast last year and he said he wanted to get Madden to more of a story telling and he brings it up again with the replays.

I don't know folks, at this stage, a bit early to tell, but it looks like Madden may have a bright future in the years ahead.

Last edited by roadman; 04-30-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

He said the line interaction has been "slightly tuned and should be an upgrade," does not sound too promising.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
He said the line interaction has been "slightly tuned and should be an upgrade," does not sound too promising.
They aren't hiding anything, though.

For NCAA and Madden, they've both come out and said from the start, no overhaul for the lines, but they will be tuned.

Promising going forward. Much better than no tuning over the past few Maddens.

Last edited by roadman; 04-30-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

why for people think EA is going to change....He said tune o line not over haul
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
why for people think EA is going to change....He said tune o line not over haul
Why would they overhaul the offensive line completely on possibly the last edition of current gen? Wouldn't it make more sense to do it behind the scenes for next gen then having to do it twice in a year?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Why would they overhaul the offensive line completely on possibly the last edition of current gen? Wouldn't it make more sense to do it behind the scenes for next gen then having to do it twice in a year?

I guess this depends on whether you believe the next consoles games will be a port of this Madden or a new game from scratch. If it's gonna be a port anyways, the sooner it gets addressed the better imo.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM

While I understand an OL/DL overhaul being something that couldn't get to this year, I am a little confused why people point to the new consoles as a reason for it.

I know you are privy to far more info than me, so correct me if I am wrong but even if the new consoles drop next year, they still will be a Madden 14 released for this generation of consoles right? So regardless if they add something like an OL/DL overhaul this year or next they presumably have to program it into Madden for both generation consoles.

On the other hand, if porting is the plan this time around, it would seem that doing the overhaul on either console generation would be a one time thing and just transferring it over to the other.

Or am I just completely misunderstanding the process?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »