Home

Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Dualshockers Madden 13 Interview with Clint Oldenberg and Mike Young

I think the mission next year is to find an ex nfl d lineman and put him to work. While you're at it find an ex linebacker, corner, and safety to add to the gameplay.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25
Yeah I'm sure they will continue to release this gen for several years.

No I'm not privy to any next gen info. I'm basing that strictly off the rumors of the next gen systems being out in 2014 Christmas season. I'm assuming also that they will port based off of what happen with this gen.

I guess my main issue that makes me want to facepalm is every year since 06 its always something. If they add 3 times more this year, its still not enough and you still hear complaints. If they would have completely rebuilt it... The same people would find something else to complain about. It just gets HIGHLY annoying seeing the same people complain about the same thing in EVERY thread. If EA could add everything everyone wanted in one year... The negative Nancy's would still search for something to complain about. I'm not aiming that at you Big. You do a good job of keeping it in the middle and being cautiously optimistic (much better than I do). I'm so pumped up I can't hardly stand it. Next week will either make or break Madden 13 for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
I think the mission next year is to find an ex nfl d lineman and put him to work. While you're at it find an ex linebacker, corner, and safety to add to the gameplay.

Sounds like a check of a plan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Dualshockers Madden 13 Interview with Clint Oldenberg and Mike Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM

No I'm not privy to any next gen info. I'm basing that strictly off the rumors of the next gen systems being out in 2014 Christmas season. I'm assuming also that they will port based off of what happen with this gen.

I guess my main issue that makes me want to facepalm is every year since 06 its always something. If they add 3 times more this year, its still not enough and you still hear complaints. If they would have completely rebuilt it... The same people would find something else to complain about. It just gets HIGHLY annoying seeing the same people complain about the same thing in EVERY thread. If EA could add everything everyone wanted in one year... The negative Nancy's would still search for something to complain about. I'm not aiming that at you Big. You do a good job of keeping it in the middle and being cautiously optimistic (much better than I do). I'm so pumped up I can't hardly stand it. Next week will either make or break Madden 13 for me.

Weren't you a community day member? You should know what is in the game or not shouldn't you?

Also, I am assuming you are talking about June 4th or are you real excited for the audio blog? For me, it is June 4th. If they have added physics into the game and a franchise mode on-line that mirrors the offline version then I am 100% on board.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7
If I hear someone talk about Jim Nantz's "Hello Friends" 1 more time.. I'm Gonna Lose My Damn Mind!!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:22 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM

a couple of things...

One - whether or not this is the last version of Madden on this version of consoles should have no bearing on whether or not the line interactions were revamped. Do you really think every line of code is simply rewritten when the new consoles come out? Despite the fact that many people think Madden was re-written from scratch on this generation of consoles, it was not. That is complete product suicide and it's not feasible to do. Many things were re-written so to speak, but not the entire game. The logic to handle the line interactions should be generic code that is simple re-used in the next versions. That same code is extended to be improved - this is how ALL software is developed.

Two - When you make these comments that say, "I want to facepalm, it's always the same negative nancy complaining, etc. etc." you immediately lose the respect of many of the posters here. You're a nice guy Casey, and you mean nothing but good intentions for Madden, but saying things like this is simply wrong. Everyone here knows you are a HUGE fan of Madden and you really like the guys at Tiburon. We know that. We know that you thought all other football games sucked and that Madden is king. Great. However, many of us have been fans of football games for a long time... longer than you. It's not about being a negative nancy, it's about discussing all of the things that we USED to have in other games, whether it be older Maddens or other football products that we want back or we want to be improved upon. So far, in 7 iterations on this generation of consoles, Madden has not done a single thing with respect to the actual football, better than the games I was playing 7 years ago. In fact, many of the things are worse. While it sounds like complaining from these guys, it's really not. They are doing what they SHOULD be doing. They are holding Tiburon accountable for the 7 year fail that has been Madden NFL. Is Madden a terrible game? Of course not, and it does many things very well. However, overall, it has been a major disappointment, and these guys are simply being smart consumers. They are "complaining" because they want Madden to be GREAT again. No one here is trying to push an "agenda" or any childish nonsense like that. Everyone here wants what they once had, AND THEN SOME. Please try to keep that in mind when you are reading the complaints. Many people don't feel the way you do about Madden. They are tired of the game simply "heading in the right direction". They want it to already be there...

If you want to know how to handle these types of complaints, go talk to AJ Dembroski for a while. AJ is a designer there now, and a very knowledgeable football guy. You know how AJ responds to these? "Yep, I know it guys, and I'm doing everything I can to get it right!".

You are a gamechanger, so you have some influence. Try to put yourself in the shoes of the guys who are frustrated with the quality of the game instead of your own. You'll be better respected around here and it will do nothing but help the game get to the level it should be.

Last edited by GiantBlue76; 05-01-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes

To piggy back on this...

Casey, you have your complaints from yr to yr as well, you only voice them to yourself or your local peers. What's "face palming" to me is the fact that EA still doesnt get it at all to be such a "bigger" team and a more "focused" group of devs.

Its already to the point where we are hearing the "we couldnt get to it this year" blah, blah, blah.

I mean, what does the "team" at tiburon consist of and what do they do all day? Im sure the team should be broken down into other teams to work and focus on certain areas of the game and not just working on fine tuning stuff that should have been there.

Just as much as the complaining is getting old, so is the excuses and reasons EA cant get madden the way we all feel it should be at. That face palm worthy!

I hear and read all these new bits and pieces of stuff about madden 13 and I get a lil excited until I pop in madden 12,11,10, 09, etc, etc, and I realize how these things dont gel so well after the 1st week or so of playing the game online and off.

Yea, we have a feature for players having to see the ball before they catch it, but we all know good and well from past experience that for online players this will not be the case. Time is never on our side regarding madden and no matter how excited we get for news on this game, its all come down to execution of it once we get to play it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #16
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I wish the questions were formatted more for getting info & less for selling the game & securing another interview. All I get from these interviews is, "So EA, what makes your game great this year? What else makes your game so great? What did you do, specifically, to add to the greatness that is Madden?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »