Home

Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes

Its people and stuff like this http://www.thegamerslab.com/communit...st-you-do.html

That kill the hard work that these devs put into madden every year only to get killed by the masses of wannabe MC players who want to take short cuts on winning instead of enjoying and playing the game the way it should.

That very forum and thread is what makes my desire for a new madden much less than it ever was before the internets. First thing people wanna do is lab glitches and gimmicks and kill online play once again!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
The thing with games is, though, people should be able to play them however the hell they want. You don't get mad if someone playing Monopoly uses actual cash, or substitutes a button for the shoe, do you? If that is how people get enjoyment, that is how people get their enjoyment. It shouldn't bother you at all. If you happen to be playing these people, quit. Find people that don't use exploits.

For instance, I can't even comprehend how people find enjoyment playing Madden online against random people. That doesn't mean, however, that you shouldn't be able to.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I wish the questions were formatted more for getting info & less for selling the game & securing another interview. All I get from these interviews is, "So EA, what makes your game great this year? What else makes your game so great? What did you do, specifically, to add to the greatness that is Madden?

What they should ask is: "why are the OL/DL interactions hot garbage year after year?"
Old 05-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #20
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Its people and stuff like this http://www.thegamerslab.com/communit...st-you-do.html

That kill the hard work that these devs put into madden every year only to get killed by the masses of wannabe MC players who want to take short cuts on winning instead of enjoying and playing the game the way it should.

That very forum and thread is what makes my desire for a new madden much less than it ever was before the internets. First thing people wanna do is lab glitches and gimmicks and kill online play once again!
First off, I threw up in my mouth a lil when trying to read stuff in that link and couldn't get past post #2. lol

Now, I completely understand and do not begrudge EA/Tiburon for wanting to have every Madden from now til the end of time capable of supporting Madden-ball, glitch-ball, cheese-ball or whatever you want to call it. All I want is for people that want to play as realistic as Madden will allow them to, be provided the factory settings and options to not only achieve but lock-in those parameters.

It is not enough to provide a jigsaw puzzle of sliders and numerous ambiguous tools, we need clearly defined options, settings and community share tools, along with more League Commish/Online Community Creator auto enforcement tools. People should be able to start an online franchise or community in Madden 13, with the ability to lock-in the exact same parameters for every person that chooses to play in them.

People should be free to play however they want but that should include those that want to play within preset parameter options, auto enforced in the game.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
First off, I threw up in my mouth a lil when trying to read stuff in that link and couldn't get past post #2. lol

Now, I completely understand and do not begrudge EA/Tiburon for wanting to have every Madden from now til the end of time capable of supporting Madden-ball, glitch-ball, cheese-ball or whatever you want to call it. All I want is for people that want to play as realistic as Madden will allow them to, be provided the factory settings and options to not only achieve but lock-in those parameters.

It is not enough to provide a jigsaw puzzle of sliders and numerous ambiguous tools, we need clearly defined options, settings and community share tools, along with more League Commish/Online Community Creator auto enforcement tools. People should be able to start an online franchise or community in Madden 13, with the ability to lock-in the exact same parameters for every person that chooses to play in them.

People should be free to play however they want but that should include those that want to play within preset parameter options, auto enforced in the game.
Your thoughts on this are superb, but there is a bit of a problem with it. Since Tiburon is trying to accomodate ALL of the types of Madden players, it's too much work on their end to make everything configurable. Settings and parameters can only go so far. The actual movement and physical abilities of the players is really the major issue with realism. That's something they seem to be so adverse to fixing. Sliders and tuners can only do so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 0

I feel you Big F, it was hard reading that first page of stuff and seeing people post about checking to see if past glitches and stuff still worked in the upcoming madden.

To the guy who says people should play how they want too,

There is no other way but to play "football" and not play "madden"! I dont see the enjoyment out of exploiting the AI against an opponent when a simple fundamental game plan can do the trick. I know people hat losing and so does your favorite team(s), but they dont go out every week and on Sunday's with the intent to "cheat" the system to their advantage.

They play within the scope of the sport and that includes rules and all.

Its funny how you make that comment, so let me point you to the games where you can have that type of enjoyment as their isnt really that many options out there for us to have the fun we would like from the moment the game is booted up and as advertised!

NFL BLITZ
Madden NFL Arcade
Tecmo Bowl
Madden NFL

Do you see where im going with this?

All the above seems to be catered to the cheese baller crowd and yet, they find better enjoyment out of madden playing the exact same way as those other titles above. What are we left with?'

Monitor the online activity from the get go and eliminate shady players period, their should be no toleration for it and since the league as say so over this game, then I feel it should really be them to enforce it with as much crap goes on in the NFL and how severe they crack down on people. Cheating just isnt right and shouldnt be accepted period, its not a style of play, its just bad character!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

One thing that i will say is that although the OL/DL interactions were problematic last year, they were not broken to the point that they needed an overhaul. If they were tuned to be more realistic then there would be a big difference.

The problem last year was that the line interatctions had 3 basic outcomes.

1- OL win which resulted in either a pancake or an extended long animation showing DLs being stuffed in their rush attempts

2- DL win which results in them completely blowing by the OL or knocking them on their buts

3- Reset/push and pull which means that either the OL will get pushed back or the DL gets pushed back followed by one of the 2 previous outcomes

the problem was that options 1 and 2 were what happened 85% of the time on run and pass plays. This created a seriously unrealistic feel of how line play works and traind users to exploit the AI tendencies moreso than any other skills or player ratings. If they tuned the current blocking system to have push/pull be more prevelant in blocking interactions then things would be much much better.

Think about it, when a guy gets a sack it is not alway becuase he blew past a blocker at the line of scrimmage. It is usually becuase he got off the ball quick and engaged the blocker in a dominat position and pushed the blocker into the backfield collapsing the pocket. THEN he makes a move to shed the blocker to make a sack. The pocket never collapses in madden it is only penetrated right at the snap. This makes pocket presence a non factor as you never have a chance actually move in the pocket, either you have perfect blocking or its an automatic sack. This is why so many players backpedal 10 yards at the snap. Completely rewriting blocking would be great, but tuning can also be an effective way to fix this.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@ Taz, The thing I disagree with about that and have stated many times is that it is far easier to achieve arcade play in a fundamentally realistic designed game through UI than trying to achieve realism in a fundamentally arcade or "balanced" designed game through UI. The latter will always be limited by its' foundation but the former is for more ranging.

If they give us a Madden that is designed to play sim to the nth degree, they can trick it out with all kind of casual friendly arcadey gimmick and options they want, as long as the hardcore have the tools to remove that stuff and play the fundamental football designed at the core. They seem to have been doing the exact opposite of that for as long as I can remember, trying to take a game arcade to the nth degree, then trick it out with all kind of realistic gimmicks and options. I think that's why the implementation of seemingly realistic features, don't have the impact, intended.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »