Home

Easily the Most Frightening Play in Baseball, As Seen in MLB 12 The Show (HILARIOUS)

This is a discussion on Easily the Most Frightening Play in Baseball, As Seen in MLB 12 The Show (HILARIOUS) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Easily the Most Frightening Play in Baseball, As Seen in MLB 12 The Show (HILARIOUS)

Owen Good has posted baseball’s most frightening play, as seen in MLB 12 The Show.

Quote:
On a hot July night in Rochester (actually a cool May evening in Eugene, Ore.) Trevor Plouffe slammed my 0-1 screwball back into my right orbital socket. I recoiled in real-time horror. It was literally cringe-inducing. I have never seen this in MLB The Show in my life, and I screamed as my pitcher fell on the mound, twitching. Plouffe reached first on the base hit off of my face.

Not shown here, because I didn't have the capture software running at the time, is the post-play animation. As much as I wanted to see panicked trainers and dugout personnel running to my motionless body, maybe jamming a towel into my broken and bleeding face, that didn't happen. I was helped up and I shook my head as Matt Vasgersian and Dave Campbell commented generically on my injury. I get the feeling The Show wants to include this type of play for verisimilitude, but doesn't deliver the actual outcome either because Major League Baseball doesn't want to see it in a game, or it would rate a violent content descriptor in the ESRB rating.

I haven't stopped laughing... The sounds (including the siren in the background) are perfect.
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Easily the Most Frightening Play in Baseball, As Seen in MLB 12 The Show (HILARIO

Someone will be paying a visit to the dentist.

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC
Old 05-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Easily the Most Frightening Play in Baseball, As Seen in MLB 12 The Show (HILARIO

I've seen this once before. It was in MLB 10' The Show, while it didn't have the same 'after-impact' animation as this one, I was lined one back at Daisuke Matsuzaka, who then erroneously ran the wrong direction after the ball, then proceeded to air mail it five rows up past first base. I checked the replay and the ball apparently got him square in the nose.

Edit: I don't know what's funnier, the pitcher just lying there or the fact that the shortstop, secondbasemen, and centerfielder in the video are all "business as usual" while he's lying there on the mound.

Last edited by BatsareBugs; 05-10-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:32 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Watched it about six times...

...still laughing.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 AM   #5
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

On a dreary, rainy British morning, that has given me my first smile and chuckle of the day.

Brilliant.

Thanks Steve
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #6
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

I bet that stung
Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

To quote Tommy Boy - "THAT'S gonna leave a mark!".
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

This happens a lot in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »