Home

Five Most Interesting Dynasty Schools: #1 Stanford Cardinal

This is a discussion on Five Most Interesting Dynasty Schools: #1 Stanford Cardinal within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Five Most Interesting Dynasty Schools: #1 Stanford Cardinal

#1 Stanford University

Palo Alto, California might be one of the more intriguing places to build a college football dynasty. Stanford’s recruiting appeal feeds off the school’s historic academic excellence and prestige. Your job is to sustain their recent success, and replace the highest rated quarterback prospect in the last 15 years.

Located in beautiful Northern California, this is an easy pitch to four-star athletes who aren’t getting the scholarship offers from Alabama, LSU, and other dominant top ten programs. The academics may limit your recruiting field, but these athletes will be worth the effort, arriving to campus with high football I.Q. that’s receptive to complex coaching schemes. The program has a pro-style offense in place as it is, and it will be on you to expand that philosophy. Players who come through the program will most likely stay for the full four years to maximize their overall skill ratings, and also get their degree from a top university at the same time. After four years, players will be pro ready, only building into the prestige and allure of this great university.

Blue chip athletes will be sporting the cardinal red soon into your dynasty, and more importantly, top tier quarterbacks will be targeting Silicon Valley from the start. Competing in the Pac 12, Stanford will be without question in a position to compete for BCS Championship bids on a yearly basis.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Five Most Interesting Dynasty Schools: #1 Stanford Cardinal

Love watching them play smashmouth football. They aren't going away either. They recruit some awesome lineman, and Barry Sanders boy. I look for them to be tough. Shaw seems like a great coach.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Five Most Interesting Dynasty Schools: #1 Stanford Cardinal

The paragraph says the high academics may limit recruiting but that doesnt actually happen on the game. It would be cool if high academic standards did actually come into play when recruiting on the game. Maybe giving generated recruits GPA scores.

Aside from that I agree that Stanford is a great choice for dynasty. Love their OL recruits. Fun conference games too.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 05-12-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
The paragraph says the high academics may limit recruiting but that doesnt actually happen on the game. It would be cool if high academic standards did actually come into play when recruiting on the game. Maybe giving generated recruits GPA scores.

Aside from that I agree that Stanford is a great choice for dynasty. Love their OL recruits. Fun conference games too.
I remember watching Andrew Luck in high school wondering why in the world a guy that talented would go to a place like Stanford. That was before I realized how important academics are to some prospects. I know that many good players have played at Stanford but it just goes to show how big one guy can be for a program along with a pretty good coach.

You can't go wrong with California recruiting, and their stadium is cool. I absolutely love the black uniforms and I'm a fan of the Pac-12.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
As a dynasty school, I think it makes Stanford, Vanderbilt or the military academies even more interesting if you only take recruits who have above average interest in academics or higher. Now that will limit you and make recruiting a tougher task. You may be forced to fill your roster with walk-ons.

I'm guessing Stanford has a fairly highly rated (in the video game) QB already on the existing roster (regardless of how well he actually plays in real life), given how Stanford has recruited in real life lately, so maybe you aren't replacing Luck in your first few recruiting classes.

I look for several things in a dynasty. The challenge of building a team is primary. I prefer taking weak teams in power conferences, but have taken on teams in mid-majors and moved them into power conferences down the road. I look at the stadium - is it a setting I want to see for the next video gaming year? Are the uniforms appealing? Do they have interesting rivalries? In the Big Ten, there are some great trophy rivalries.

All things to think about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11
I went to the same High school as Josh Garnett, one of the top linemen in the country. Hes going to Stanford! Might just have to take them in one of my Dynastys. I love a challenge! Cant wait for 13!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
I will do as I do every year....write down all the teams I would like to be in dynasty ( usually about 12-15 or so) and just pick 2 out of a hat. Play up to yr 3 or 4 then re start. But if the gameplay blows.... I'll shelf it.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?c4os55
Old 05-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #8
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
I would agree with Stanford being interesting as a dynasty team IF...IF...the game still incorporated academic standards and sanctions like they had in last gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »